Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MP Maker Select v2 stops extruding mid print

Each time I try to print the machine stops extruding. I've cleaned the whole nozzle assembly half a dozen times, slowed the print speed, leveled the print bed several times, and it still doesn't help. The cause is a piece of filament getting jammed in the feeding mechanism for the extruder. I've included a link to a picture of the jam that continually causes the problem. Any help is appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ucj6KHQJJXLTdQNGFjZ1lHVlk

No, it's running the whole time.

200C the whole time... fans are running the whole time. I just pulled everything apart that has anything to do with feeding the filament and made sure everything was clean. It seems like some sort of retraction issue. I tried printing with retraction off too.

There is a tube in the hotend. Here is a pic of the extruder and the original pic of the filament jam, as I realized that you probably can't see that last one.
    I can't post the damn pic. I'm working on it.

The second one is on the way .... the internet is cutting out on me today too. Very bad day for tech at my house.

More info:

200C extruder temp
    60C bed temp
    1.75mm PLA filament

I've tried increasing flow to 110%, slowing down the print speed to 50%,

Now the extruder isn't clogging, but I'm getting horrible quality prints. Nothing adheres to the print bed. I've tried leveling the bed several times, painters tape, glue stick... I'm about out of options.

I just got a print that was better than anything else today. Not great but at least it was recognizable. I re-calibrated everything and cut the first layer speed down to like 1/4 speed. I'm thinking you might be right about the nozzle. Everything was fine until yesterday. It was having trouble pulling filament in, which I figured out was because there was too much tension on the filament because there was too much friction between the spool and spool-holder. (I had to print a new spool-holder because the stock one was too small) Once I figured that out I put some silicone on the spool holder and got a great print. Got up this morning and everything started jamming up. All I can figure is that somehow the feeder gear might have somehow gotten damaged but I can't think that filament would do anything to that, no matter how much it was grinding away. What do you think?

One thing I forgot: At times during printing it will just go all the way out to one far side of the build plate for no apparent reason. This is normally when things begin to go awry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast