Close

Thread: Spare Parts

Spare Parts

I am looking to buy nozzles, hot end, for Prusa 3i Pro X MK8 extruder. When you go on ebay the majority are from China/Hong Kong and was wondering if any one could recommend a supplier.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    the v2 mk8 extruders on ebay have a spring tension issue. this is easily correctable with a small puck under the spring to add to it's tension. But I have found that the titan extruder is a much better extruder setup. It can be configured as direct drive just like the mk8 but it can use a smaller lighter stepper motor. And it has 3:1 gear reduction, and it is easier to change filaments. There are nothing but upsides to using the titan. And while the titan aero is pricey, the titan is not so much. If you haven't bought anything yet, you should at least look into the titan extruder.

Thanks for the advice.

Although I built the i3 Pro X that is about my limitation so would the titan be easy to fit to the Pursa i3 Pro x.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Look here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...Printers/page3

about half way down that page I start the titan conversion. the printer is an i3. kinda. but the entire x axis is from a geeetech i3 pro b. So what you see there is identical to what you can or might do.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I just buy nozzles from whoever's cheapest. So far never noticed any difference :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-03-2017 at 10:36 AM.