Close

Threaded View

Unhappy Raft Warping/Not Sticking to Plate

After a string of failed ABS prints using my company's new Makerbot 2X (due to not sticking to the build plate), I've switched to trying to print parts with rafts (0.3mm air gap, border extended 10mm from the edge of the part). The 110C heated build plate also has kapton tape on it, so I think it's odd that I'm having stick issues (I've spent so much time troubleshooting failed prints the 2X that it feels like a full-time job at this point. Definitely not for first-timers..). I've got extruders set to 230C, but have really only been using the right extruder because we haven't needed anything duel-extruded yet.

During printing, the raft warps (always on the front-lefthand side) and either detaches from the build plate entirely or causes the print to have less depth on the warped side. Since we need fixtures and parts that are uniform, I need to figure out why this is happening. The front door of our 2X doesn't close fully, leaving a thin gap for cool air to enter from; it's not a huge amount of ventilation, but could this be the reason for the warping?

I'm new to 3D printing, so it's likely simple that I'm missing here. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by pg353060; 08-21-2017 at 12:43 PM.