Close

Question about Anet A8 3d Printer

Hello everyone, I am very new to 3D printing and through out the past few months while I have been researching I decided to buy my first 3D printer. Of course like many people I wanted to do it cheap and build a kit. I chose to go with the Anet A8 which from what I have seen seems to be a okay one to start with. However, I have heard of a bunch of fake A8s being sent out and seeing that I bought mine on e-bay through a listing labeled "anet a8 2017 upgraded quality high precision reprap prusa i3 diy 3d printer" The Reviews for the seller was great but going through the images i noticed the circuit board looked a lot different than I have seen on any other A8 and I was wondering if anyone might know why or if thats what the "upgraded" part is. Not that an anet is the greatest printer in the world but is there a way to tell if its a genuine or fake? I have tried to search for this but have come up empty handed. I have included an image of the board.

ZL32600-D-6-1.jpg

I have already purchased it so buying a new one at gearbest which is what I should of done in the first place is out of the question at the moment. My wife would kill me lol.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the odds are there's bugger all difference between what you bought and a 'genuine' a8.
    And yes they can be bloody cheap - was having a look round ebay this week. Saw kits for as little as £120.

For that kind of money - you can't expect quality components throughout.