Close

maintaining temp at hotend

I have a hard time keeping temps up i made an enclosure it helped but temps can still drop while printing filament is inside enclosure,i have yet to get near ABS temps even in enclosure? hotend was about 220 tops bed was 90ish at highest temp? No idea what to do about this , before i had enclosure it was hard to even get to temp of 200 for PLA i do have climate controlled home and i keep it cool however within the enclosure temps are 83-85*C ... 15-17*C hotter then my home temp. now printer shuts down if i even try to preheat hotend i have another post asking about this problem.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I believe your enclosure and room temperatures are not accurate. Do you mean F instead of C?

Do you have a cooling fan blowing at the nozzle?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I would suggest measuring the Power supply voltage while Heating Hot-bed an Hot-end.
    If the power on the supply is not 12volt or better power supply is may not be adequate. If 12Volts then.
    If the voltage on the Controller is not 12Volt or better you may have inadequate wiring between the supply and the controller card. If 12Volts then.
    If the wires going to the controller card are warn-hot then the wires may not be adequate.
    If the voltage on the Hot-Bed is not 12Volt or better when heating you may have inadequate wiring between the controller card and Hot-Bed. If 12Volts then.
    If the wires going to the Hot Bed are warn-hot then the wires may not be adequate.