Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Newer model Qidi X-One (X-One 2) comes with hood and door. That is the version Amazon shipped me a few weeks ago. It does a pretty good job with ABS although based on my recent experience and CA's comments I don't know why we would really want to use the stuff when there are better and easier to print choices for most applications.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Knp3d is a dual extruder machine. Down side is it uses 8mm Z-Axis rods which can make the platform a bit loose. It does not have a front door, so a hood and front door w/b needed for use w/ ABS.
    QiDi X-One2 is a single extruder machine. 10mm Z-Axis rods, Not sure if it has a hood or not.

Technician
    I found the fuse, it is a little F8AL250v glass fuse in the power socket. It isn't blown... the wire is intact... but I put my meter on it and it is open circuit. It is possible that the fuse was damaged in transit and one end come loose from the metal cap. Need to see if I can find one of those around locally. Might be tough now Radio Shack is gone.

Oddly I had a 1 amp version of this around... I tried it and it blew. Not surprising since the F8 is an 8 amp fuse.
    Last edited by raylo32; 09-24-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Technician
    Qidi to the rescue... My Qidi XOne came with a little tool kit that included 2 spare fuses with exact same spec. Popped on in to the KnP and viola, back in business. Running a test print now. I did discover that S3D using the KnP profile directly outputs x3g files saving the need for manual conversion. The other thing I discovered and don't have a solution to yet is that the machine ignored the heated bed request and setpoint for the PLA test print I am running. The default had been no heat and I changed it to 40C but the machine ignored the setting?? Seems to be sticking fine regardless and printing fine.

2 other observations with the KnP:

1. It seems looser and noisier than my Qidi. I think I'll put some silglyde on the sliders.

2. The 2 extruders are not even, the right one is noticeably closer to the build table. This might be a real problem preventing me from using the left extruder, unless there is a way to adjust the nozzle height. If that can't be fixed I will have to return it... or maybe get a new dual extruder head from KnP. I looks like one nozzle might just be threaded in a bit more than the other. So maybe half a turn with a wrench is all it needs?
    Last edited by raylo32; 09-24-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Technician
    Found this in the KnP manual, LOL. This printer was a good deal, but it is also a good deal of work. I will keep looking for online instructions to adjust the nozzle. I pulled the fan and there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to get at it.

"The left nozzle is higher than the right one and it’s resulting in printing issues on the left side. Contact KNK USA and we will assist you in making an adjustment to that nozzle."

Quote Originally Posted by raylo32 View Post
    Qidi to the rescue... My Qidi XOne came with a little tool kit that included 2 spare fuses with exact same spec. Popped on in to the KnP and viola, back in business. Running a test print now. I did discover that S3D using the KnP profile directly outputs x3g files saving the need for manual conversion. The other thing I discovered and don't have a solution to yet is that the machine ignored the heated bed request and setpoint for the PLA test print I am running. The default had been no heat and I changed it to 40C but the machine ignored the setting?? Seems to be sticking fine regardless and printing fine.

2 other observations with the KnP:

1. It seems looser and noisier than my Qidi. I think I'll put some silglyde on the sliders.

2. The 2 extruders are not even, the right one is noticeably closer to the build table. This might be a real problem preventing me from using the left extruder, unless there is a way to adjust the nozzle height. If that can't be fixed I will have to return it... or maybe get a new dual extruder head from KnP. I looks like one nozzle might just be threaded in a bit more than the other. So maybe half a turn with a wrench is all it needs?
    Good to hear it was just the fuse. Mine shipped today. Should arrive Thursday.

Engineer
    Just saw that the knp price has jumped up to $499.

Technician
    I paid $299 plus about $45 shipping. Maybe the $499 includes free shipping? Jury is still out on this thing, though. I am not convinced yet that the second extruder will be useful. The printer printed OK with just the right extruder when the left was higher and out of the way. But after lowering the left to be about equal to the right and after leveling the table to the right extruder, I still see subtle differences in the clearances between the 2 extruders at different parts of the table and I am having issues where the inactive extruder catches on the print and ruins it. I guess it is possible the table isn't completely flat. I am going to install a piece of glass, re level it and see if that helps. I picked up some cheap picture frames from Michaels for the glass. That is what I am using on the Qidi X-One and it works great. Frames were on sale for $5 and have two panes of glass each. Not a perfect fit but having some hanging over the edge isn't an issue.

Meanwhile my Qidi chugs happily along printing anything I throw at it. Perhaps I should have just got another one of those.

Just looked again today. Price is now $499.

Technician
    Yeah, at $299 we got the deal!

Quote Originally Posted by NCFatBoy View Post
    Just looked again today. Price is now $499.

Technician
    Not sure if you read my KnP startup up posts but if I were you I'd check that the extruder nozzles are level before you load filament. Mine weren't even close. I have adjusted the left one down so they both print but may go back and try to get them even closer to equal. Mine are close enough now that I am judging "equal" mostly based on friction on a leveling paper. One approach that might work is to loosen both completely so there is no stiction then turn the table lead screw to run the table up so they both rest on it... then tighten the set screws. Or you might be lucky and get a unit that was properly calibrated.

Quote Originally Posted by NCFatBoy View Post
    Good to hear it was just the fuse. Mine shipped today. Should arrive Thursday.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast