Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Yeah based on the looks the only other way is to 3D print parts that would fit in the short pillars that hold up the bed and do it that way (with screws to turn it up and down)
    here is a video that I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iOSFc2H9bY if you scroll to around I think the 4 minute mark it shows the auto levelling. Though I guess this works into my next question (sorry for all the questions)
    If I guy it from 3dprintersonlinestore, and I don't like it, or say the auto levelling doesn't work, can I return it? According to their site, if the item doesn't work as intended, seems like I can, but I can't quite see how many days I have to do so. In addition, if I just don't like the thing (say low print quality, which would be weird if that's the case, but let's just say that's what happened) can I also return it? Thank you very much!

Technologist
    Yeah it is also available on Amazon.ca (Canada here) but it's 500 bucks, which is fine as my budget was $400 usD MAX (which is 500 cad right now). The only problem is that the shipping time, as I won't be buying that until later next month, and want enough time to work with it before I start working again full time in Sept (High school teacher). They also have it on Aliexpress, doesn't Aliexpress have the option to return stuff within a certain period too?

Technologist
    Yeah you are right, just got a response from the seller on Aliexpress:
    Kim Gates: Hi dear friend,
    thank you for your message.
    usually we provide one year warranty, and will help each buyer to use the printer well,
    so there almost nobody will do the return., for the return shipping cost is very high,
    if you really can not use well, and want return, we can accept
    but the aliexpress rules is the buyer to bear the return shipping cost

I'll be getting it Mid August, will definitely post in here when I do, if it doesn't work out, I will go for the HE3D for sure. Thank you very much!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you're being extremely negative about this.

Buy it, if it doesn't do exactly what you want it to - modify it till it does :-)

Never buy anything from china with the thought that you might be able to send it back.

Technologist
    xD sorry about that, it's just in me, (owning a small business may have also contributed to that). I just always think of the worse case scenario. However, I don't mind failing, but yeah I do look forward to modifying it to get it working.

been self employed for over 25 years. I understand wanting to get your money's worth.

But trust me, time you spend worrying about buying a 3d printer, is time wasted that you could have been making stuff with it :-)

There are two machines in my house that will be replaced asap if they die. My tassimo coffee machine and the 3d printers.
    Honestly don't know how I ever lived without either :-)

Although if the replicator clones ever die - I'll most likely strip them for parts and make deltas from the parts. Printed some feet out for a cherry keyboard last night.
    0.1 layer height but 150mm/s speed ! did 4 feet in 20 minutes :-)

Awesome machines !

Technologist
    Oh one last thing I forgot to ask, that FLSUN printer looks like it can be controlled through PC? (I see it has that firewire port?) Cause I cannot live without Astroprint or Octoprint, just so easy!

yep has usb port.

Technologist
    Hmmm interesting, looks like it uses this kind of system to bed level:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYJkzrrM3Q

The side effect is you have to make sure there is nothing in nozzle or else possibly cracked up the glass bed. I also joined their facebook page, and looks like I better get some wires ready because there is (not surprisingly) Quality Control issues. I think I'll just take what aardvark said and just buy it off Aliexpress, I didn't really intend on returning it anyway, and since it uses Marlin firmware, if the auto bed doesn't work, could just always get an inductive or BLtouch and program the firmware.

I always remove filament before levelling. Makes life easier :-)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast