Close

Thingiverse? More like Spamiverse.

Wow, Thingiverse has sure turned in to Spamiverse, eh? It's been slowly going downhill for months, but now it's almost a joke to check out what's new there. Did they just give up caring or what?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    Do you go there looking for the latest and greatest? I could care less what the home page has to offer. I search for what I want and can normally find it.
    I Agree, I go look for what I want then Leave, After so long weeding thru the World Wide Web hardly notice the extras any more.

And I have a Spam E-Mail Account that I give in lieu of my Real E-Mail, Do a quick look to see if anything is important then delete all.

And I change My Real E-Mail address every year to rid myself of Spam, between I use all spam filters I can find.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-02-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    never noticed any spam - so, nope not spamiverse :-)
    What exactly are you talking about ?

Engineer-in-Training
    Does the Thingiverse website have problems scrolling up to look at more things? When the "More" button appears, the website scrolls down instead of up. This problem happens in Google Chrome web browser and doesn't happen in web browsers that came with Windows.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Have noticed if you scroll to look at more things on long searches, it seems to me to slow, Using Firefox.
    Have also notice it works in Internet explorer.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-01-2017 at 11:24 PM.

pretty sure I am sung is a spam bot. that post of his is a direct quote of one we had a few years back.
    I'll keep an eye on him ;-)

And chrome is a bad idea all round :-)

Problem is that it's not a web browser, but a version of android. So even if you're not using it to browse websites, it's usually still running apps in the background.
    The 4 most infected virus cleans I've done in the last year or so were all infected through chrome apps.
    And man is it slow !

Engineer-in-Training
    Is Microsoft Edge that comes with Windows 10 good enough or MS Internet Explorer good enough?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    * in lieu of

for me firefox is currently the best and quickest web browser around.
    It's also the ONLY one that isn't driven by the agenda of a massive corporation.
    Mozilla is a non-profit organisation.