Close

Administrator

Simplify3D Releases Version 4.0

It's been over a year since Simplify3D released a new version of its popular 3D slicing software program. Version 3.1 offered a host of new features as well as compatibility with more than two dozen new 3D printer models, taking it a step further in becoming one of the most widely used 3D software programs. That update, however, was a small one compared to the latest update, which has now been officially released. Version 4.0, according to Simplify3D, is one of the company's largest releases yet, and introduces a plethora of new features largely based on feedback received from the community. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/182089/simplify-3d-version-4-0/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    tried to install it last night.
    Dunno if it's just the 32 bit version for windows - but it doesn't work. Claims files missing.

Looks like they've made different settings for individul models easier and possibly sequntial printing might be easier. Though that remains to be seen whether you still need a seperate process for every model, in which case it'll still be a royal pita :-)
    But until I can actually run it - no clue :-)

Now this will be bloody useful with alexa: Position readout: the XYZ position of the toolhead is now displayed in the print preview
    Got a particular model set where the layer start needs to be closest toa particular point on the bed. With Alexa (he3d k200 delta) I've just been guessing.

Bridging perimeter options
    Oh yeah I've fought those recently - hope it'll now recognise perimeters as somewhere to anchor the bridge.

So all they have to do is release a version that runs :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-26-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    I think that Simplify3D is 64-bit program.

both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
    But the c++ install they've included in the 32bit install package is corrupt, and fails to install so the program doesn't work.

Engineer-in-Training
    Contact the company and tell them about problems with 32-bit version of S3D not installing.

About the only good thing about Simplify-3D is it works with Marlin.

It's not s3d's fault - as usual it's microsoft's.
    Got c++ installed, no problem then ran into another issue. Apparently c++ 2015 is notorious for causing this kind of problem - on all versions of windows.
    But I think if you write software in c++ for windows 8 & 10 you have to use 2015.

At the moment I'm trying to track down the individual patches needed. No way in hell am I just going to install hundreds of random updates - most for software I don't use.
    That's a sure fire way to totally bugger up a computer.

To get a clean install of c++ 2015, you need to put a dll file in the system 32 folder.
    Once you've done that - you get a new error message. Which I'm currently working on.

Roxy, lots of really good things about simplify 3d. It is a great bit of software and the new update looks like a bunch of useful improvements.
    What have you got against it ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-01-2017 at 03:44 PM.

tried installing 4.0 on my windows xp machine. Installs without any issues, but same as on 7 just do not run.
    It's bloody annoying.