Hi Folks, as some of you may remember from a few months ago, I am using a Flashforge Creator Pro for a project with an extremely difficult deadline. I really hate to ask you another SD card question, I'm sure they come up all the time, but I see conflicting reports and old reports when I search - so I really hope someone can help with up-to-date info.

My SD card worked fine for months - then I started to get "SD card read error" reports. When it first happened I just deleted the most recent file I'd added, added it again and it worked. But now it has gotten to the point where if I remove the SD card when the machine is running, and then put it back in, I get the "SD card read error" every time.

However - if I turn off the machine, put the card in when it's off and turn it back on, it works. For now.

The obvious suspect here is the SD card itself. I'm using the one that came with the machine,and it astounds me that it can bake so often for so long and still work. But if the problem is the card - why does it still work on my computer? Anyone ever encountered a card that works on a computer but not in the printer?

I am going to buy a replacement card. My biggest question is - what is the current, modern, proper format? I've read FAT16 - that is ancient, right? Also - it there a size limit (4GB, 8GB etc.)? Is there a limit to the size of file names? Any restrictions on special characters? (I use underscores sometimes).

Any advice and feedback would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks!