Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Got the Y axis dragchain setup..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    hope your mate appreciates all the effort you've put into this machine.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am offended. At this "most interesting man in the world" commercial. Lying pricks! "He once 3d printed a 3d printer." Mother f*%kers! Just look at that a$$clown, He wouldn't know a hotend from a heatbed. But he once 3dprinted a 3dprinter. Hey thanks for calling me the most interesting man in the world. But you put the wrong face in your commercial. D!cks!!!! trying to steal my thunder n sh*t.

Technician
    LOL, I come here to make a joke that while you print your own 3D printer you need to have a bottle or 2 of Dos Equis beer... and see that someone just beat me to it and that half of this thread is about cars. Very nice shop and lots of cool cars! I have a 2016 C7 Z51 that I have thought of supercharging... but then wonder what I would do with it besides lose my license faster.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Alright so this thread should show how I have let this project stagnate. I have been busy with work and now the holidays. But as soon as we get past this little Christmas project, we will get back on this. The Christmas project is pi. raspberry pi. 10 of them. All with sandisk extreme pro 32gb microsd, custom cases, heatsinks and active cooling, loaded with retropie(880 games), raspbian Jessie(desktop and chromium browser), and kodi media center, and overclocked cpu to 1.3ghz, gpu to 500mhz, ram to 500mhz, and sd card reader to 100mhz. Oh and I am passing them out with power supplies with power switches and retrolink controllers. I am doing something cool for all the close ones in my life this year..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    I am offended. At this "most interesting man in the world" commercial. Lying pricks! "He once 3d printed a 3d printer." Mother f*%kers! Just look at that a$$clown, He wouldn't know a hotend from a heatbed. But he once 3dprinted a 3dprinter. Hey thanks for calling me the most interesting man in the world. But you put the wrong face in your commercial. D!cks!!!! trying to steal my thunder n sh*t.
    you uh, annoyed or something ?
    Not sure I'd load kodi onto anything. biggest pile of crap going. Nothing works for long.

The rest sounds really interesting :-)

Technologist
    CA, Kodi is already integrated into the Retropie build. I have had good luck wih Kodi. Perhaps I dont use too many plugins.
    Autowiz, are you providing any controllers for the pie? The iBuffalo Classic USB gamepad is one of the better controllers, but the price has climbed to about $17.00 each. I use my wireless (bluetooth) ps3 controller. But I like the look / feel of the iBuffalo better.

EDIT: maybe provide an off button so that the OS does not corrupt from a quick power removal (i.e. pull the plug)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you uh, annoyed or something ?
    Not sure I'd load kodi onto anything. biggest pile of crap going. Nothing works for long.

The rest sounds really interesting :-)
    I was joking. I promise you when I get upset I do not censor myself, lol. It was actually cool to hear the people on the tv say that 3d printing is interesting. And that is what I really took away from that. I have never used kodi, but it seemed like what people were doing. Hopefully it will work for it's intended purposes. Either way I will be passing them out in just a few days now.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf55 View Post
    CA, Kodi is already integrated into the Retropie build. I have had good luck wih Kodi. Perhaps I dont use too many plugins.
    Autowiz, are you providing any controllers for the pie? The iBuffalo Classic USB gamepad is one of the better controllers, but the price has climbed to about $17.00 each. I use my wireless (bluetooth) ps3 controller. But I like the look / feel of the iBuffalo better.

EDIT: maybe provide an off button so that the OS does not corrupt from a quick power removal (i.e. pull the plug)
    I am passing them out with retrolink snes controllers. I have for myself retrolink controllers in Atari 2600, nes, sega genesis, snes, n64, and xbox360 with wireless pc receiver. While the n64 games wont work with the snes controllers the n64 games mostly don't work too well, anyways. And I guess that is ok. I got what was important to work. Sega CD. Who here knows about popful mail and Lord Puffywoffin?

I also have both lunar games for sega cd silver star story and eternal blue, and Dune. I have collected all the old RPG games. Final fantasy 3/6, chrono trigger, illusion of gaia, secret of mana for the snes, the original phantasy star for the sega master system, and phantasy star 2, 3, and 4 for the sega genesis. I never actually played dungeons & dragons but that is only because video games were just coming on the scene as I grew up so I spent all my time in turn based digital dungeons. I mean I did play some Warhammer 40k but a game of that took all day and involved clearing out a room and making bases and forts for our figures and blast templates and measuring tapes and more dice than you can shake a really big stick at. Oh and I got this..

Last edited by AutoWiz; 12-19-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf55 View Post
    I have bought power supplies with inline switch very close to the micro usb connector. they work very well. It is still a hard off I know, but at least it is using a switch. Here is a link to a random ebay ad of the type of power supplies similar to what I am using:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-3A-Micro...sAAOSwhilZaWRV

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast