Close

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    mate, huh? I am guessing you have the holden down there. You guys got the hsv and were finally allowed to play with the big boys. The white car is a 2008 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette. It comes with a 505hp 427cu.in. or 7.0L LS7 v8. Ferrari and Porsche have tiny little cylinders. And let me tell you when it comes to displacement, size matters. Those imports rely on higher rpm's to make power. And because of this vs. the raw displacement of American muscle the American car will always jump out in front right off the line. Personally I think the place we should all look to for the supercars is the nation that really doesn't seem to have a concern about controlling fuel consumption. I mean it took your country a while to even accept this LS7 engine. But then The Ford GT claims the world's fastest standing mile at 300mph. And Chevrolet Corvette will be taking the supercar title from Ferrari and Lamborghini and the like over the next few years as the mid engine c8 corvette comes out.

Oh after the power adder and assuming that we are only making 6psi of boost, that same 505hp engine is now kicking out 625. power adders + v8 = 20hp per psi of boost.

And those z1 doors are pretty neat.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 07-26-2017 at 11:37 AM.