Close

3D Foosball players

Hey, guys!
    So I am rather new in 3d printing, all I did was few things for myself but now I have an opportunity to do something more but I am not sure about it. So, few days ago I was at the party and started talking with some guys about advantages of 3d printing. So, long story short, does anyone have experiences with making 3d printed foosball players?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Type "3D Foosball player" on google, you will have more than enough to answer your questions.

I know that, I wanted to get real life insights.

Man, I have little torn apart now. I talked with this guy who has this site http://www.foosballzone.com/ and he is selling spare parts for table foosball. Is anyone here from Austin, TX who would be able to produce about 100 players for now, then more? I can do only 30 and I need someone to help me.
    Last edited by Ive; 07-26-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: I wasn't done :D

Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 07-26-2017 at 08:00 PM.

I know about Solids, I didn't know about the second one. Thanks!

Staff Engineer
    I wonder if normal (FDM) 3D-printed foosball figures are really going to survive much intensive playing. They need to take a lickin' and keep on kickin' - and it seems they're more likely to fall apart at the seams. The reason you're replacing them is likely because the injection-molded original parts failed already, and injection-molded parts are a lot tougher than FDM 3D printed ones. You might want to look into more resilient materials and processes, like semi-flexible plastics and multi-jet printing.

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I wonder if normal (FDM) 3D-printed foosball figures are really going to survive much intensive playing. They need to take a lickin' and keep on kickin' - and it seems they're more likely to fall apart at the seams. The reason you're replacing them is likely because the injection-molded original parts failed already, and injection-molded parts are a lot tougher than FDM 3D printed ones. You might want to look into more resilient materials and processes, like semi-flexible plastics and multi-jet printing.
    Thought about this though I do not know how strong the 3D Printed material really is.
    He could 3D Print some molds.

He Could use a Strong molding material.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Supe...ULPHO-PLASTIC/
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 07-28-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Mama says foosball is the devil.