Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Technician
    What do you guys think it's better for a flexible print? TPU? TPE? FlexPLA?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    depends entirely on how much flex you want.

My current stock would rank like this:

super wobbly: ninjaflex and filaflex (rubber) virtually indestructible
    not quite so wobbly: flexismart (rubber) - nowhere near as strong as the other filaments
    bendy and very flexible when thin but can be made firm with the right settings - virtually indestructible: polyflex (pla)
    bendy but stiff: cheap flexible pla - No idea what make it is. But the really cheap flexible pla is pretty stiff in comparison to polyflex.

They will all stick to pretty much anything and don't need heated bed.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    depends entirely on how much flex you want.

My current stock would rank like this:

super wobbly: ninjaflex and filaflex (rubber) virtually indestructible
    not quite so wobbly: flexismart (rubber) - nowhere near as strong as the other filaments
    bendy and very flexible when thin but can be made firm with the right settings - virtually indestructible: polyflex (pla)
    bendy but stiff: cheap flexible pla - No idea what make it is. But the really cheap flexible pla is pretty stiff in comparison to polyflex.

They will all stick to pretty much anything and don't need heated bed.
    Let's say i want to print a flexible cover for my smartphone that resembles the one you buy made out of silicone rubber, which one should be the closest?

I'd actually go with polyflex. You can get more detailed prints and it won't attract the dirt like rubber filaments would.
    For somethign that thin it'll be just as flexible as the tpu's but a lot more practical and it'll look a lot better.

The tpu/tpes tend towards a dull finish.

Technician
    I'd actually go with polyflex. You can get more detailed prints and it won't attract the dirt like rubber filaments would.
    For somethign that thin it'll be just as flexible as the tpu's but a lot more practical and it'll look a lot better.

The tpu/tpes tend towards a dull finish.
    Polyflex is pretty expensive isn't it? Found 0.75Kg on amazon for 50€

lol you think that's bad- look up the cost of ninjaflex and filaflex.
    same price but for 0.5kg

You can try using a cheap flexible pla - should still work.

I tend to put the pricey filaments on birthday and christmas lists :-)
    That's the good thing about 3d printing, you always need more filament and it stops people hassling you about what you want for your birthday/christmas.

This stuff's cheaper - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XPZR9...665QE910&psc=1

The stiff flaxi pla i have is sunlu - before they doubled their prices.

This one's even cheaper but the flexible only comes in white and black. https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIENOC-Flex...s=flexible+pla
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-01-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Technician
    lol you think that's bad- look up the cost of ninjaflex and filaflex.
    same price but for 0.5kg

You can try using a cheap flexible pla - should still work.

I tend to put the pricey filaments on birthday and christmas lists :-)
    That's the good thing about 3d printing, you always need more filament and it stops people hassling you about what you want for your birthday/christmas.

This stuff's cheaper - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XPZR9...665QE910&psc=1

The stiff flaxi pla i have is sunlu - before they doubled their prices.

This one's even cheaper but the flexible only comes in white and black. https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIENOC-Flex...s=flexible+pla

Good thank you, i'll probably get that flex pla, the other stuff i'm sure it's better, but it's way too expensive for me atm.

Polyflex is amazing stuff. Possibly my favourite filament.

Although the colorfabb woodfill is pretty damn good too. And that one was free :-) (well won it in a competition)

Technician
    Ok the printbite is available again on their website, the problem is that a 15x15 sheet, shipped to italy would cost me at least 24€ if i choose the non tracked shipping, otherwise it's 30€, i'm really uncertain whether to get this or ask a glassworker to cut me some 15x15 borosilicate piece of glass, it'd probably cost less, but the problem is still how to block it to the bed, gators are out of question since there's no way to clip them, edge holders need to be designed and printed on purpose for this, since the space between the bed and the platform is very very thin, i was thinking about some thermal pads, similar to those use for pc hardware, any idea?

hi-temp double sided sticky tape.
    It's what i'm currently using for my printbite on the flashforge creator.

Seriously though 30 euros is worth the price.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast