Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by oxidized View Post
    No idea on how to make it work on cura or the default qidi slicer? I mean, how does simplify3d invoke the converter? did you specify the directory of it or?
    Using S3D you hit a save button and it walks you through a widget to specify the file location. Within the S3D configuration settings that control how to "post process" the GCODE that it generates, emitting an X3G format file is one of the options it supports. You pick the X3G format from a drop down list. (Incidentally, the X3G option is selected from the same list where you would select post processing for the DaVinci types 1,2 or 3.)

Technician
    Anyone know how to convert those gcode files in order to make my x-one print through sd cards?

edit: I managed to do that, i found out that saving the gcode file directly into the sd card didn't save it, so when we tried to print it showed nothing on the card, but we were so sure we didn't even check properly if the gcode was really inside the card :facelpalm: Now i've just saved it somewhere else and then moved it into the card, and it seems to be printing properly, i'll try printing something else rather than another cherry keycap, later on, see if it keeps up.
    Last edited by oxidized; 07-23-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Engineer
    Oxi, Any more pix or info on the "X-One2"?

Technician
    Will do, but if i got it right has only few visible differences,it's enclosed, has different cover for the printhead, and something. Had few issues in the past 2 days, while printing the filament got stuck because its plastic reel is broken on one part, and at some point the filament would start running outside the reel to get stuck some time later, as a result the printer couldn't get filament but it kept printing without printing basically and you could see the printhead printing nothing but keep going on higher layers, anyway totally not printer's fault, just the shell of the bq filament we're using being broken is all, rest seems pretty good, managed to print from sd card using qidi's slicer, still couldn't do it with cura, will also try flashprint.

Technician
    Hello guys, was a bit busy lately, here some pics http://imgur.com/a/PMjKH

We recently bought a black ABS filament reel, to try and see how did it do with the printer, first print we tried the blue thermal sheet lifted and separated from the sticky layer, so we decided to remove it completely along with the sticky layer, and replaced it with some painter's tape, and we used the glue that came with the printer which has a weird vivid yellow colour, and we found out it's pretty sticky once the printer is finished (yes the central piece of tape had to go because when we removed the print, a part of it came off). The problem is some of the prints we made came out with tiny flaws, because, as you can see from the pics, there's a bolt right in the mid of the bed, although it doesn't protrude, it leaves a hole and with heat, it either makes the tape lift, or make the print unlevelled anyway, so we were thinking about upgrading to a glass bed, but we have no idea, which and how, seeing also how much the printing damaged the blue sheet after the first 100 degree print. Any suggestion?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    Just normal 3mm glass will work. Get it cut to the size of the print bed and use some gator clips to hold the glass. Then print out some glass holders for the corners of the bed.
    I'm not sure those gator clips would fit between the actual bed and the moving platform, also, where would i secure those corner holders?
    Now that I look at your pictures, it is going to be tough to get some gator clips on the bed. It does look like there is room between the bed and the frame it attaches to, to wedge a piece in to hold the glass. Don't forget to lower the bed the width of the glass so the nozzle doesn't hit.
    Exactly

Technician
    Anyway i'm reading over the internet, wouldn't it be better if it was borosilicate glass, which properties are pretty good for 3d printers, low thermal expansion, chemical resistant, etc? The problem seems to be i can't find it easily on the internet, not even normal glass, for reasonable amount of money, i mean a 15x15x0,3 glass panel for 20€ is a bit too much isn't it

Technician
    Borosilicate is overhyped and too expensive, especially when normal glass works just fine. Do you not have a hardware store nearby?
    Yeah will look into it, thanks.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    pay the money and get a sheet of printbite. Self adhesive, lasts as long as the printer and saves money in the long term and hassle right from the start.
    https://flex3drive.com/product/printbite/
    For a sheet of 15x15 - it's only £14.35 - so probably 16-17 euros.
    Cheaper than epensive glass and better.
    With glass you still have to use potions and lotions.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    pay the money and get a sheet of printbite. Self adhesive, lasts as long as the printer and saves money in the long term and hassle right from the start.
    https://flex3drive.com/product/printbite/
    For a sheet of 15x15 - it's only £14.35 - so probably 16-17 euros.
    Cheaper than epensive glass and better.
    With glass you still have to use potions and lotions.
    Yeah i remember you suggesting this, but i couldn't find the post, fortunately you posted it again. I'm trying to pick the 15x15 one but it says out of stock - please choose a different combination.

Oh, just noticed

NOTE: Due to changes PRINTBITE is currently not available. We apologise for this and will shortly be updating this page.
    Last edited by oxidized; 08-01-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast