Close

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    make sure it's the same delta !
    None of the kits I saw on amazon were as good or gave as large a build volume and they were all more expensive. Get it direct from www.reprapmall.com
    plus even with import tax I only paid £193 - so about 220 euros.
    The he3d k200 is definietly the best value and quality delta kit around. Even with the few niggles.

As a first printer - I'd still go wth the qidi.
    My flashforge creator was £530 about 3-4 years ago. got about 1200 hours on it - never had a single issue that couldn't be traced back to user error :-).
    The qidi is the next model up plus fully enclosed.
    It's worth the money.

Plus a delta kit will need parts printed before it's 100% - so better as a cheap second printer.
    I'd have been completely stuffed as far as getting the delta to work goes, without already having a 3d printer and extra bits for 3d printers in my workshop.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-11-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    make sure it's the same delta !
    none of the kits I saw on amazon were as good or gave as large a build volume and they were all more expensive.

plus even with import tax I only paid £193 - so about 220 euros.
    The he3d k200 is definietly the best value and quality delta kit around.

As a first printer - I'd still go wth the qidi.
    My flashforge creator was £530 about 3-4 years ago. got about 1200 hours on it - never had a single issue that couldn't be traced back to user error :-).
    The qidi is the next model up plus fully enclosed.
    It's worth the money.

Plus a delta kit will need parts printed before it's 100% - so better as a cheap second printer.
    Ok, so you actually have a flashforge creator pro, not a QiDi, or both?

nope got a flashforge creator. It's the wooden framed non-enclosed little brother to the pro.
    Kinda steampunk looking. I love the fact that you've got a wooden box with hi-tech stuff inside.
    Also got a klin-n-print. Which is essentially a full metal framed, unenclosed pro - won it in the big 3dprintboard competition a couple years back. Cost me £120 in import tax :-)
    It would be easy to enclose it, and now I've got the delta for flexibles, I might just do that.
    The flashforge ha s asheet of printbite as does the delta. Just use pva on the knp - but that's been mostly used for flexibles and dual colour prints.

Currently the delta is printing at 150mm/s and 0.3mm layer height. It's like watching a normal 3d printer but speeded up !

here ya go:

Alexa

Geraldine

klic-n-print

The qidi not only has more recently upgraded components than either of these two - but a different motherboard that lets it use unconverted gcode.

lol
    Well given that only ctc still makes the basic replicator dual - and while cheap the quality sucks the big one. So no proper price comparisons for me anymore :-)
    She was worth what i opaid when i paid it.

But what I'll most likely do in the future is build another delta. Just loving the speed and precision and the fact that you can see everything goig on. Plus prints flexibles better than the other two as well :-)

Still mulling over saving up for the k280, or sticking with 200 diameter and upgrading a k200 to 600mm print height.

Really need to find some way to make money out of these beasts too.

Technician
    Hello, what about the flashforge finder?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    No heated bed. Someone was on here within the last couple of weeks that just purchased one. He/she returned it.
    Basically no ABS? I understand, so better ignore it

Anything pretty good around 500€? Not more than 550 possibly? And possibly on amazon?

qidi one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/QIDI-TECHNO...words=qidi+one
    Looks decent. Basically a finder, but with heated bed and cheaper :-)

wanhao duplicator i3 plus: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanhao-3d-D...icator+i3+plus

Good kit.
    Hell get an i3 plus and a he3d delta k200 kit and it'll still be cheaper than the qidi dual extruder :-)
    Actually for the 2 it would be almost exactly what your refund was. It's a sign !

3d printers are like chocolate, one bar is good - but two is always better :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-13-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    qidi one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/QIDI-TECHNO...words=qidi+one
    Looks decent. Basically a finder, but with heated bed and cheaper :-)

wanhao duplicator i3 plus: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanhao-3d-D...icator+i3+plus

Good kit.
    Hell get an i3 plus and a he3d delta k200 kit and it'll still be cheaper than the qidi dual extruder :-)
    Actually for the 2 it would be almost exactly what your refund was. It's a sign !

3d printers are like chocolate, one bar is good - but two is always better :-)

Any idea on how inferior is the x-one compared to the tech-1 ? I mean other than the extra extruder is it that much different?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    I think all of the rod sizes are different, 8mm versus 10mm, but that might be because of the extra weight of the dual head carriage.

Edit: Nope, just looked and both are now made with 10mm rods.

https://www.qiditechnology.com/ $629 on their website, not sure about shipping. The X-one shows out of stock.

I don't see an enclosure on the X-one though.
    Right, didn't notice it has no enclosure, it'd cost me 450€ which is pretty good. So basically the best among those, curious aardvark suggested, is the x-one

you could easily enclose the x-one.

I still like the wanhao & k200 combination :-)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast