Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
I'm sorry I accused you of having a sponsorship, lol. I am on a cheap kick right now and not for my sake. But I am alone in my hobby and trying to get any of my friends involved and they all cry about the investment to get setup and going with a printer and filament and software. I have recently talked one friend into joining my hobby for under $250. with a monoprice mini v2($220) and a 2.2lb spool of ebay filament(~$20). It is limited to a 120mm cube build envelope but my friend is interested in making minatures for d&d or Warhammer 40k style games. I wish there were a larger community of 3d printer enthusiasts or at least in my area.
So here is this extruder thread that completely and utterly backs up my point and shows what I struggle with in sharing this awesome hobby with others..

Quote Originally Posted by Trakyan View Post
...the E3D Volcano and titan combination cost 70 pounds at minimum, that's the old titan and the cheapest volcano kit I could find on E3D's website. I'm not looking to design a low cost printer just to slap on a hot end and extruder that doubles the price ... Even with those E-Bay suppliers the hot end and extruder combo will cost about as much as the remaining mechanical parts.