Guys

I fitted a anti backlash nut to the Z on my CTC dual, and when it was apart to do so, I noticed how badly the two plastic "L" arms are off square - which means the right hand front adjustment spring is pretty much compressed to get the bed level.

The nose, ie the end nearest you when you level the build plate is raised with respect to the back.

I have ordered a pair of the aluminium arm covers (if thats the word) to try and straighten them back to 90 degrees.

Is this a futile move?

I was thinking that the two plastic arms could be straightened back to square and then the metal arm covers would hold them correctly in the future. Perhaps I need to warm the plastic arms in the oven to soften them to allow the alignment?

Plan B, which I was not too keen on was to buy a totally new metal build platform - but thats £££ and even new plastic arms are not cheap.

I appreciate that the platform can still be level with the distortion in place, but I would just like it better - and am trying to aim for less nead to level between jobs.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

David