Close

Flash Forge Inventor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    You did check the gears on the stepper motors were all tight.

I have to admit the auto levelling, made absolutely no sense to me and as I have a perfectly flat bed. Just levelled with my adjuster bolts for the heated bed.
    But given that the first few layers are going down fairly clean.
    I don't think that's the issue, still leaning towards some kind of mechanical issue.

Although if the auto levelling tells the printer the bed isn't level and to adjust for a non-level bed then that would probably be carried through the whole print.

Can anyone actually explain how the whole g29 measurements are used. I tried to follow the he3d video, but it didn't do what his did on the video and the maths made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Engineer-in-Training
    The way I understand it. The G29 command tells you how many steps each motor has to make to get to the bed from home/endstops. You then use the math to adjust the amount of travel. If the probe won't work, then it won't do you any good.

I did check that the motors and belts were tight. I locked the motors and pushed down on te carriage and did not find any play. I've tested the bed with and without issuing the G29 command.

I spoke with Dave, FLSun's English speaking support guy, last night. he remoted into my computer and went through the settings himself and we ran several prints at varying speeds and temps. I completed a 195-degree print at 50mm/s this morning that is no better and no worse than previous attempts have been. Where it was previously only on one side, I have noted that it does happen on other sides as well, largely the left and rear, were you facing the printer. Dave, at one point, was shocking his head and saying, "it's just wierd"

Engineer-in-Training
    Slicing with Cura didn't help either?

No, using Cura returned a similar result, but much more efficiently sliced.

have you tried a different nozzle ?

After last night's call with their customer support I was able to get a print I that would say is 96% correct. It involved many corrections, but the biggest corrections came with playing with the extrusion multiplier in Slicr's settings. The extrusion multiplier says it's typical range is from 1.1 - .9, but we're playing with it at .6 and .5. I forgot to grab the cube I printed last night but it is smooth on 5 sides and only a little warping at the X on one side. Temp is down to 205, printing at 30mm/s. Will print result this afternoon

so somewhere down the line your machine is being given instructions to extrude around 2x the actual required amount.

Well at least my diagnosis was spot on :-)

Sounds daft, but Have you checked the filament diameter is set for 1.75 and not 3 mm ?

I noticed that when i loaded a standard delta profile in cura it set 3mm filament.

30mm/s ?
    lol the slowest I've run mine with pla is 75 :-)
    It's a delta - put the pedal to the metal ;-)

I did go down to 20 for filaflex. But hey, it's not supposed to print it at all !

SKP_20170627_231618_8491048512840.jpg

After many fixes with DAVE, the results are improving. The top layer, now, is weak, but I am hoping to fix that. I am also 50% of the way through a more techinically difficult print, as I have my concerns with the solutions provided to achieve these results.

Engineer-in-Training
    Did you ever get it printing good?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast