Close

Follow d3crypt3d On Twitter Add d3crypt3d on Facebook Add d3crypt3d on Google+ Add d3crypt3d on Shapeways Add d3crypt3d on Thingiverse

Has anyone had any 3d assets stolen?

Has anyone had any 3d assets stolen or 3d models stolen?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Not me directly, but I know a lot of designers have. Check out today's video from the 3d printing Nerd:

Extremely hard to copyright knowledge. Almost feel like a different business model is needed for the 3d space; it's sort of like trying to put a genie back in the bottle, but then again Disney has done a terrific job of protecting its assets, but it also can lean on billions of dollars, lobbying and litigation teams.

Follow d3crypt3d On Twitter Add d3crypt3d on Facebook Add d3crypt3d on Google+ Add d3crypt3d on Shapeways Add d3crypt3d on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    Not me directly, but I know a lot of designers have. Check out today's video from the 3d printing Nerd:

Which Designers and how did there ideas get stolen?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Did you not watch the video? He lays it all out. And anyways, it's all well documented on the net. There's this wonderful site called google that might help you out.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Royc View Post
    Extremely hard to copyright knowledge. Almost feel like a different business model is needed for the 3d space; it's sort of like trying to put a genie back in the bottle, but then again Disney has done a terrific job of protecting its assets, but it also can lean on billions of dollars, lobbying and litigation teams.
    Creative Commons licenses have been successfully defended in court. There is a method to protecting IP's, it's called licensing and patents.