Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Just wish i could find a manual for the board.
    Because of the hit-or-miss nature of documentation, the limits of 8 bit boards and more I have settled on the Duet product line as my "goto" controller board. Yes they are more expensive but given the intelligent design, capabilities, documentation and support they are worth it to me.

https://www.duet3d.com

Frederick

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    'more expensive' - yeah, just a little: £144 !
    That's mental !

Guess it depends on what you are actually building. Maybe for a full on industrial cnc unit.
    Definitely overkill for a cheapo delta printer :-)

Student
    'more expensive' - yeah, just a little: £144 !
    That's mental !

Guess it depends on what you are actually building. Maybe for a full on industrial cnc unit.
    Definitely overkill for a cheapo delta printer :-)
    Perhaps you would feel differently after you worked with them - I feel it is money well spent - the documentation and forum support (by the developers) is worth something - to me anyway. And the board design is first rate.

Frederick

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I've never spent that much on a motherboard for a high end pc. And i have built more than afew of those over the last 25 years.
    Given that ramps boards are around the £20 mark, and perfectly adequate for a delta printer.
    I don't see why you would practically double the price of a dirt cheap, top notch printer.

Someone somewhere has the information I want. Spending a ridiculous amount of money on a board like that for a project like this is akin to using a steam hammer to squash a malteeser :-)

I can see it probably has it's place. But it's not in a sub £200 3d printer.

Student
    Someone somewhere has the information I want. Spending a ridiculous amount of money on a board like that for a project like this is akin to using a steam hammer to squash a malteeser :-)
    My long term goal is to equip these printers with Diamond 5 color hotends - the Duet with expansion handles that with aplomb.

I'm retired after working hard for many, many years - it's time to have some fun.

Frederick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12