Close

Question 3D-Printing Club

Hey everyone,

I am a rising freshman in Highschool with the passion of 3D-Printing. So I want to start a 3D-Printing club, but I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what the club could exactly do. I was thinking of competing in a big competition every year, so if anyone has something like that. Please let me know.

But that was just one idea, so if anyone has any other ones I would really appreciate it. Also, the school has a 3D-Printer already but I am capable of raising money for another one.

Thank you!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well the first thing you should do is build your next printer. Even if it's from a kit - it's something you can do together.
    Belive me you learn a lot about the things, drops the cost so you can buy a larger machine and you get to use the existing machine to make modifications on the new machine.
    So a whole slew of varied activities.

Guess you're not old enough to gather round a warm printer of an evening with a cold beer, but cold soda works too :-)

Sounds like a great idea to me.

So ideas.
    Your club could have get together evenings with a local makerspace, sign up for the artificial limb making program.
    Make and sell some widgets to raise funds. 3d printed fidget spinners are currently the thing.
    There is a bunch of little things you can make for a few cents and sell for a few more.

But first, you need people to form the club :-)

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    But don't forget the first rule of 3d printing club.

And what exactly, is a rising freshman?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    someone who inhales a lot of helium ?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Oh, stop bloviating.