Close

Need help in diagnosing printing quality problem, picture attached

Hello everyone, below I have a picture of two PLA prints that use the exact same settings and slicer, speed at 30mm/s, 186C. The one on the left came out nearly perfect, the next part I printed, the one on the right came out absolutely terrible and has very poor layer adhesion. I have a Hictop i3 clone with the z axis mod to prevent wobble. I am a bit lost as to what the problem could be but I think it may be an extruder stepper motor issue? I have tried to research this problem but can not find anything like it. Also had an x wobble that would appear in Cura but would be fine in Slic3r with the same print speed. Not sure if these are related but I am now lost as to what step to take next.

printer issue.jpg

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Try
    - lowering the layer height
    - increasing flow rate by a few percent
    - turning the cooling fan on

The jagged edge on the top section looks like it has to do with the material not cooling enough while being printed.
    But it can also be something related to the STL source file, in which case you need to check and repair the file and reslice.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    186c is very low. try 200c.

I didn't realize 186c was considered low. So I went up to 190 and its back to normal, might go up a touch more. Thanks for the advice!

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    That is low, I am currently printing at 197C and for some filaments that are more viscous in liquid state you can even go up to 210-215.