Close

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yeah uds - ugly drum smoker. Good cookers.

So on the 1.0 does it actually do an auto calbration ? Or is it the same nonsense with the numbers thing, that doesn't actually work ?

Didn't you buy the auto calibration software ? or was that someone else ?
    No, I did not buy any auto calibration SW.

So on the Dev 1.0 level, there are multiple fixes to the distortion correction function. The way I understand it to work (once enabled ) is you use the bed height map tool ( in repetier-host tools) and that maps the distortion on the bed. Once completed, you save it in the EEPROM with a G command ( which is not currently our firmware. Then the firmware will automatically correct for the delta z for about the first 1 mm of layer height. see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9URtv2LqKc

Here is the configuration utility words on it.
    Capture.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    riiiiiight.
    Still not exactly a one button: calibrate.

You see how thick that guys build plate was !

Technologist
    So, any update on BB?

Oh, Still no Printbite. Ordered on 11/27. Took 2 week to 'process' Still did not arrive here. Cant seem to get the tracking # from Flex3d. They are not the best at communicating.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol no he can take a while to answer his emails.

Been cutting threads in the uprights, yeah. when bits of aluminium get caught in the threads of the cutter it buggers up the thread. So I've got one end with a great thread and one with about 3mm that'll need a longer bolt. Need to rethink the process.

Also been doing stuff on the sling target. Switched from petg to cheapo flex pla for the brackets, then ended up modding the flashforge for flexible filament. Which worked brilliantly !

So next job is finishing the carriages and corner pieces.
    I dislike this time of year. All the lights get taken down and it's still short, dark, wet, miserable days. Kind of lack motivation lol

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142