Close

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Yep board will need a plug in stepper motor module, about a dollar. But that's it.
    At the moment my favourite filament is flashforge. Prints clean, fast and is super strong. Pet-g prints a bit slower, but had no problemS. The two before and after nozzle pictures I used for the fan duct are both petg.
    Flexibles print pretty slow, but that's the same on any machine.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-13-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Had some odd prints recently.
    And sods law would have it be the corner pieces for the BB.
    Changed the nozzle over and while the doucle corner piece print still stopped printing at around 25% it started up again a few layers later. So while the print finished, each corner was in 2 halves.

Only thing I can think is that at that orientattion on the build plate the bowden tube hits some sort of contortion that massively increases the friction and stops printing for a short while.

So turned the print round on the plate and currently having no issues with one corner.

Stripped the extruder down.
    The hobbed bolt is clean, no issues with the filament feed. Weird.
    The old nozzle did look out of true, but still weird.

Knocked off 3 coerners in a row with no issues. Did drop speed to 125 - probably not necessary but only made 10 minutes difference.

So today been making the top - or base depending on how you look at it :-)

Was going to measure stuff - but in the end just put base on top of box and drew it.
    Then used the cardboard template to draw on plywood and cut that out. Which is why the cardboard is a much better fit and shape than the plywood one :-)
    Plus I'm not terribly good at getting straight lines with a bandsaw.
    Fast, dirty and functional, have always been my woodworking watchwords :-)
    Precision, not so much, lol

So got the mounting bolt holes drilled and plywood top is now firmly attached. Those plastic strutnuts do a pretty good job. Just as well no sign of the metal ones yet.
    But I do need some shorter bolts.

Corner pieces and cardboard build plate

Cardboard top/baseplate

Plywood top bolted on.

Also decided that I only need a top with short legs to get the rest designed. So no need to print another 3 temporary cornerpieces and fight with a full size frame.
    So the: ' holy crap dude, that thing is huge !' picture will have to wait until I've done a fair bit more designing and fitting :-)

Next job is mounting board, psu and motors so i can finally see how it all fits.
    Did think about cables going through the centre of the plate. But will probably work better at the side with a rubber cable snake to keep everything out of the way of the arms and suspended extruder.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-14-2017 at 10:09 AM.

question.
    both pulleys and motor pulleys arrived to day.
    Are different sizes. Obviously that's no good.
    The pulleys are 12 mm diameter by 13mm long.
    the motor pulleys are 10mm by 7.5 (ish).
    Given that I'm using 6mm gt2 belt, I presume I need smaller pulleys.
    Assuming also that smaller pulleys will give a better precision.
    I also think they are different tooth numbers.

One of thees days I'll actually think about what I;m buying and check it's the right thing.

So is there somewhere in the marlin firmware config file where you tell it how large the pulleys are ?

Technologist
    Wouldn't that be controlled by steppers steps/mm? Don't know how it's done for Delta setup, never configured one...

yep - but bear in mind that the diameter of the driving pulley, determines how much belt is moved per step.
    A pulley with a smaller diameter will move less belt per step.
    So the firmware must need to know the diameter of the pulleys.

Here's an interesting fact. I can print four mounting brackets for the psu and the mounting plate for the motherboard on Alexa, an hour faster than I can print just the motherboard mounting plate on the flashforge.

So haven't bothered printing the motherboard plate on the flashforge lol

Just ordered some metal nema 17 mounting brackets. I'll make some plastic ones for testing, but use the metal ones on the final build.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-15-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Screwed the board and psu to the top.
    Screen works - but apparently isn't talking to the board as can't get a motor to move.

I guess this is where the fun part begins :-)
    Just downloading a bunch of arduino related stuff.
    More as it works - or doesn't :-)

So I get as far as telling ide to read the marlin.ino file. The instructions then say:
    There might be some warning error message during compiling, just neglect those message.
    There is no skip error option and if the '//' them out it just keeps bringing up new ones.

So not particularly impressed with that. How do I copy alexa's firmware to the new board ?
    At least that way I'll have abetter idea what I'm dealing with.

Ah ha - if we rewind back to page 39-40 of this thread - john has kindly supplied both file sand instructions. Currently following those.

Seemed to work - currently attempting to change custom logo on the tft screen.

Yeah, that doesn't work. Would help if the img2lcd program on the instructions was:
    a) in english and not chinese
    b) the same version I downloaded.

There's a setting mismatch somewhere.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-17-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Well, no signs of life so far.
    Can't get the marlin off the oosooyoo website to load at all.
    I did get #40fan's repetier from his k200 to load.
    But back on repetierhost, the eeprom line is still grayed out.
    Suggesting it can't see that part of the board.

And I can't get a motor to move.

Help !

Technologist
    Well my K200 arrived this morning. Time to watch the videos and read this thread again.
    Did you guys compile your own firmware for the K200 or do you have a file I can use?

Sorry Mr Aardvark, I cant offer you any help. I am at the bottom of the learning curve.

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast