Close

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    yeah, I agree with the 4 wheels. That was one of the reasons I picked HE3D over other delta's ( Not to mention yours and #40fan's glowing comments and upgrades. )

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'm beginning to hate stuff without manuals.

So the new board seems fine, talks to the computer to the extent I can access the card on the board through the computer.
    Firmware seems to works and I can talk to it through repetier host.

But the fracking touch screen does not come on. The one thing I had absolutely no issues with on the board that i couldn't get firmware on.

There are two jumpers, I have tried both in both positions. No difference. I think one changes steps from 16 to 32. The other is labelled 3v3 and 5v and doesn't seem to make any difference whichever it is in.
    AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH !!!!

I will try the cheapo lcd now.

Well that powers up - but doesn't display anything and through the little speaker it sounds like a ghost screaming.

Is it me or what ?

Oh yeah the cheapo lcd doesn't work in the other board either.
    See if I can find any info. Autowhiz he just plugs the screen into the board and it works. I wish, lol

So I had a thought (it occasionally happens) maybe becasue the sbase is a bit bigger and has more oomph, the screen will only work when the boards is hooked up to 12v.
    I was right. Fired up right away :-)
    So that's good.

Also the smoothieware comes with a really good manual that explains what you measure and how to get the arm lengths and spacing settings correct.
    With pictures no less !

So that's all good :-)

Cheapo lcd screen still just screams. Figure that's doa and write it off.
    When i take alexa apart for the mosfet I'll try it on her. But pretty sure it's a goner.
    Board works, that's what counts :-)

So I better get on and build the rest !

oh yeah heres' the two boards side by side (kinda)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-25-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Ordered some 500mm carbon fibre shafts. Only need 400's but you can buy 1metre, 500mm 300mm or 200 mm. Got 10 so I can practice cutting them.
    Think I've got a really height tpi belt for the bandsaw that I've never used - that should do the job.
    They'll have inserts to hold the magnets, so I can make the length adjustable to a small degree anyway.
    One issue I will have is measuring the length accurately.

The digital calipers only go to 150mm, my steel rule goes to 300. I need a something that both goes to 500mm and is accurate on tenths of a mm.

shafts arrived.
    Look good, got 10 so i can aford to breaka couple lol. Just need to work out how long.
    I figure 400mm and adjust if necessary with the magnet holder.

I apologise for not reading all 39 pages here (stopped at around 15 ), but could you tell me if this printer works with Octopi? Thanks!

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by ir_fuel View Post
    I apologise for not reading all 39 pages here (stopped at around 15 ), but could you tell me if this printer works with Octopi? Thanks!
    the HE3D K200 printer works fine with Octoprint on Raaspberian(Jessie). It should with Octopr

Ordered one

actually after the middle of the thread it kind of morphs into my building a very large delta competely from scratch. So I reckon you've probably read most of the he3d k200 relevant stuff :-)

Standard gcode and usb connection - so no reason for it not to work with any of the external print managers :-)

Got the magnetic holder shaft connecters done.

Now here's the thing. I made these so the cupped magnets would simply clip into the holder. I'm reproducing my plastic connectors to a really precise set of measurements, but the chinese magnet makers - not so much, lol
    First one - the one I measured - clips really clean and tight, it's not coming out short of breaking the holder. I know this as I had to break the test print to get the magnet out.
    Second magnet, is slightly smaller and tilts ever so slightly and will need a dab of glue as it has the potential to come out over time. The ledge holding the magnets in is only 0.25 mm wide, which with the correct sized magnet - is all it needs to be :-)

Camera appears to be elsewhere, I'll take some pics when I find it. But the balls go in and can hang at 180 degrees, which is probably 10 degrees more than they'll ever need to :-)
    Currently printing some black shaft ends to match the shafts.

How come there are a lot of posts no longer visible in this thread? When reading through it's like one big monologue because the posts of other users seem to have disappeared?

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast