Close

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol if they're coming from china - you need patience. Some of this stuff tkaes a month or two.
    Just had some hypo-allergenic earring hooks arrive. Just about remember ordering them. But when you consider I paid just over £1 and there's enough to make 50 pairs of earrings - what's a few weeks travel time between friends :-)

Be thankful you don't live in canada - parcels to my sister go missing regularly.

So this is my first ear-ring.

Came out quite well. Added a capture slot to my acorn model and went as small as openscad would let me.
    And also got me back to thinking about copper plating.
    It's got a built in hanger and conductive connection to the acorn.
    Should work pretty well.

Also going to try a little varnish on the acorn cup.

One of these days I'll have to try the 0.2mm nozzle and see just how fine the detail can get.
    But on the whole quite pleased with this.

Pretty much only stuff sent to canada we've lost.

128 ssd arrived yesterday. So decided to I'll clone my existing 64 over and then do my best to destroy the existing os setup by running several years of windows updates. Just to get simplify3d 4.0 working.
    I suspect that there are probably only a few updates necessary, but have failed to find a list, so going to go for the extreme option.
    It doesn't help that I only get poor internet in my workshop.
    Could take a few days and i doubt the system will work afterwards :-(

Why couldn't simplify3d have just kept using c++ 2012 that was used with every other version of the software ?
    That worked on all os's and never gave anyone any hassle.
    Probably a recent windows 10 update mandates you can only use 2015. This would be deliberate to make stuff unreliable on the earlier and infinitely better os's.

I do somethimes wonder if microsoft are either paying or threatening software development companies to sabotage their own software.
    It happens more often than you'd think.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-18-2017 at 06:37 AM.

learn patience :-)

Currently got the board, screen and wifi module (top tip: stuff come a lot quicker from hong kong than from mainland china :-) and a nema 14 stepper motor hooked up to a 5000mah power stick :-)

Just got to change the settings to get it to run the motor.

lol just you wait, as soon as you buy nmore the original ones will arrive :-)

Discovered that while you can run the board and other electronics of any 5v usb power - you do have to have the main psu hooked up to run the motors and hot end.
    It will detect the motors, just won't run them without the 12v feed.

The wifi module is pretty interesting, it's actually a little router. Have to go through the instructions again, but had no problem connecting to it as a router with my tablet.
    Going to sort out the struts this week, I think. Much easier to sort the rest out once you've got a basic structure to attach things to.

Link does not go to picture just tiny pic sign up screen :-(

Got my turbo fans today. Haven't looked at them properly yet.
    Also discovered that I neglected to bookmark the link for the 30x30 strut people. So have to find that again.
    Been designing the corner pieces (it's all done in my head in 3d). Going to put floors/lids in them so the struts can't go all the way through.
    It should help keep everything lined up. I'll also have a short socket for the sidepieces that engaged the slots on three sides, as well as bolts to keep those lined up better.

If you print the pieces with a solid floor for the strut socket - you don't need bolts to keep them aligned vertically with each other. And you could probably have built in feet if you print them upside down. But I think I'll make seperate rubbber feet anyway, as I want the floor as flat as possible for best alignment. Plus I prefer rubber feet.

yep same as alexa - it comes with an adhesive back. So just stick directly to the aluminium plate.
    The new stuff is apparently a lot thinner, given how tough it is not sure that'll make any real difference.
    Hopefully it won't get bent in the post.

Bought some silver insulating tape - so I'll do alexas bed at some point. See if it speeds things up at all.

From what i can see the cheapskate carriages still use plastic wheels, as well as having a rear support plate. As long as your wheels are tight in the slot, that shouldn't be necessary. Plus I like having the back of the struts clear for sticking stuff on :-)

So what do the finished magnetic arms look like ?

On a side note - having a helluva job buying a a filament guide, roller thing for the extruder (got hobbed bolt).
    Realised last night that I can dismantle the extrduer on the right hand head of the flashforge - haven't used it for years. So with luck I'll have my fixings to make an extruder from that. Got to make all the bits as the nema 14 motors are a lot smaller than the 17' and I have yet to see an extruder set for a nema 14.
    Hell might as well remove the motor as well.

The extruder motor shouldn't get that hot, so an all plastic setup should be okay. We'll see.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-22-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yep same as alexa - it comes with an adhesive back. So just stick directly to the aluminium plate.
    The new stuff is apparently a lot thinner,
    Apparently it's possible to cut it with scissors according to Jason. I asked because I want some for my M200.

The original sheet i bought a couple of years ago, you scored and snapped.
    Not sure I'm overly happy you can cut it with scissors, we'll see.

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast