Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Ah good point - (checks) it's the screen that has the 32bit arm chip. Knew I'd seen one somewhere :-)
    That little screen is way more powerful than the actual motherboard.
    Okay, for the time being then I'll leave it with what it has.
    Pretty sure It is ramps compatible - it's a combined ramps and mega blend. At least that's what it says somewhere, I think lol
    What do i care, as long as it works.

lol
    my issue with dismantling alexa is 2 fold (and what did the romans ever do for us....).
    1) it's completely unnecessary.
    2) I have to unplug her and move her to the other workbench, just no room to maneouber on the 3d printer table and it's not necessary.
    3) I'll have all the bits to build the Big bastard in a few weeks anyway, so what's the rush ? Still got to design all the plastic parts, make the ball bearing shafts etc. Trust me I've got enough to do.
    I've also decided to make a mini-itx case as my previous mini-itx computer is now in canada on my sisters desk nd alexa can print large enough to make it in a base and lid :-) And I need a basic work machine for the other work bench. Also going to make a 3d printer board and screen mount for messing about with them.
    Also need to upgrade the 64gb ssd on this machine to a 128 as I'm running out of space and I'm about to start buggering about with autocad, which gives me a 64 for the new machine.
    In between that: life, work, sleep, food, dog walking - I'm good :-)

Oh yeah:

4) Do Not Mess With That Which Already Works !
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-11-2017 at 11:41 AM.