Close

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah I was thinking that. Plus proved that you don't need to print it on silly resolution settings.

Just unticked: 'only retract on travel'. Should get rid of a lot of the thicker stringing.

Under tools, options, machines. the y axis box is ticked for flip table axis.
    There are four combinations of this as you can have it on and off both from the tool/options/machine AND from the gcode page in the printer profile.

I have tried all four combinations - and none of them worked.
    When i first got simplify 3d what i saw on the preview screen was what printed. Then when I upgraded to version 3, the text on the screen showed mirror reversed but the text printed normally. So that wasn't an issue.

But with the delta, it doesn't matter whether the preview shows normal or reversed text it just prints reversed.
    I've got a vague feeling that playing with the 'x' axis inversion is what sorted the printed text.

No cases yet so I'll have another play with the settings.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-16-2017 at 11:06 AM.

well sometimes the gods smile on you.
    Cases just arrived and after unticking both y axis - text both displays and prints normally.

But when you go into tool-options it says I'm using a non-right handed coordinate system.
    weirdos.
    I'm more than happy with widdershins if it works :-)

yeah, that is ticked - otherwise it gets confused between which orinter you're using. Or something like that. That's always been ticked, as far as i can remember.

So basically what obviously happened was when it updated to version 3 - it automatically ticked the invert y axis box. Seems a bit bizarre to me.

But working now anyway :-)

Right off to build a system.

Surely you need 6 tubes.
    how much more expensive are carbon rods over aluminium. I've got no issues with the aluminium rods.
    And how about magnetic sockets and bearings ?

not yet. Keep forgetting to bring a new sd card into the workshop.

The mirrored weirdness continues. Printed a couple of those plastic strut nuts. Thought this is odd they are the wrong way round.
    Had look at thingiverse page, had look at s3d preview. s3d has reversed the y axis.
    I mirror the mesh they look right.
    They printed brilliantly and i've got a bag of m3 nuts.:-)
    Tell you what that filament that came with the printer is really really good stuff.
    Might buy a bulk batch from reprapmall.
    Think if you buy 8 rolls it's free postage. Plus they've got the good metallic stuff as well. The aluminium one is just like metal.
    Nah no free postage :-(

So I can have mirrored prints with text, or non-mirrored prints but with mirrored text.
    is that in any way logical ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-17-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Ah the strutnuts print fine , but are too thick too fit in the struts and turn to lock.

It's something to do with version 3. before that I had no problems. And it's not just on the delta either.
    The flashforge shows reversed text but prints fine.

Yeah the nuts need to be about 1mm thinner to actually turn in the channel.
    Other than that, they look great and are certainly strong enough to hold most things. Printed at 0.2. 3 minutes per - saves 20p per knut :-)
    Damn fine idea.

I loaded up the basket at reprapmall with about $100 worth of filament, but wanted another $74 for postage. Which begs the question how the hell do they offer free postage on the printers ?

that's clever. so normal flat rare earth magnets on the base of the carriege and normal non-magnetic ball bearings on the top.
    Very neat !
    I think the ones I've seen have been spherical magnets - which obviousuly would cost more.

I like that balloon - so how do you do the change filament thing - via the printers control panel or through simplify3d ?
    Something i've never done.

Saw those cable clips. Looked quite good.

I wonder if part of the size issue is that those things are designed for abs. I only ever design for pla, and dimensions are either pretty close or slightly smaller than I designed. As these are generally too large - could simply be that they've already factored in the abs shrinkage.

for the magnets, why not set them in the actual hole itself so the ball contacts it directly. Just cut a slot so the magnet pushes in from the side.
    It'll give the same amount of movement but with a much stronger attachment.

Think I'll have a play with the laser tonight. See if i can't set fire to the workshop or blow something up :-)

Nah going to check voltage on the laser socket and use that.
    The gcode specific to repetier switches it on and off. So I want to try both.

measured the strutnuts and they're designed too large.
    I'm slightly smaller (few huindreths of a mm) in all directions - which is what I've always found. So it's the design that's wrong.

Got an idea to try for a sort of 'supercharger' nozzle as well

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast