Close

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

Heaven help me - I've just bought a delta kit :-)

I don't really need another printer, and I probably can't afford one lol

But for £193 inc free delivery, I've just ordered a he3d k200 with auto levelling and heated bed from 3dprintersonline store.com
    Got it from them because some of the other places selling didn't include the levelling kit and there was also $40 coupon that got knocked off at the checkout.
    Also i think that's where I got the ciclops scanner - the scanner is pure junk, but the service was good and they don't make the scanners just sell them, lol

I'll probably have between another £30-40 to pay to the highway robbery that is the inland revenue. They charge £10 for the privilege of chraging you 20% of the list price on the package. Hopefully the sellers will limit that to $100.
    The bastards revenoo, ignore the denomination and will charge me for a value of £100.

Taken this step for several reasons. I love watching deltas, they just look like proper manufacturing robots. Plus they can do things that cartesians struggle with. Like single strand curved surfaces, matchstick prints, brush heads and most likely a bunch of other stuff.
    Plus this thing is the same price that a tiko would have been on kickstarter. But has a build volume of 200mm by 300mm.
    I had a play this morning and it gives you a square base of 140x140. At 50mm width you get 180mm length. The 300mm height is also pretty impressive.

So cheaper than the tiko would have been and much larger build volume and also using standard kit that looks pretty easy to put together and modify.
    e3d hotend, aluminium frame with peek injected parts.
    One reason I got the heated bed was because it also upgraded the power supply and these days I always use heated bed.
    Plus I get the whole make it from scratch education and it doesn't take up much space on my desk - so I can throw some crap away and it'll fit :-)
    I can make any bits that need making - first job looks like filament holder that sits on top of the machine

With luck it should get here in a week or so - it's shipped via dhl (and free, makes you wonder what the kits actually cost the factory)

So there you go, I'll be into firmware and gcode and all that malarkey before you know it :-)

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Well all i've got at the moment is a receipt. https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.co...3d-printer-kit
    there you go, click that :-)

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Sure. Let me show you pictures of my yacht.

Not crowd funded. Just the latest kit low cost delta kit.

In hong kong and on it's way to the uk :-)

12/05/17 - still in hongkong - come on put it on a plane !

I'm not impatient or anything ;-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-12-2017 at 07:40 AM.

On a plane, on its way to the uk.
    claims it will be here sometime wednesday :-)

In the uk. Should be delivered tomorrow :-)

Arrived about 10 minutes after i got back with dogs. Fortunately my mate was here and signed for it as It's piddling down with rain to day and I was still drying dogs lol

So for davo - here are some pics:

Big Box Of Bits.

Heated plate with printbite overlay. Hopefully I can make it easy to remove as I dont want to stick it permamently on the glass plate.

It's going to be a big sucker ! Judging by the length of the main aluminium rods.

Checked all the boxes and it all appears to be here. Only one issue so far.
    The cradle for the extruder has been 3d printed - everything else is injection moulded.
    And it's bloody awful quality. Looks like a 1mm nozzle at around 0.4mm layer height.

As all the rods attach to this, I'd like to reprint at higher settings and better quality. Must be an stl file around somewhere.

Other than that I'm as happy as a nile croc in the wildebeest migration season :-)

Just wondering, If I got longer rods and longer filament guide tube and longer belts. Would it be that simple to increase the print height ?
    I do have a friendly aluminium engineering firm I do work for. So the rods would most likely be free. Already got filament guide tubing and how expnesive can the belts be ?

It's a thought anyway :-)

Ramps 2 plus board. Everything is nicely labelled. Looks pretty straightforward. The control screen takes a full size sd card. I don't think I'll use the 'sandisk' (yeah right) copy that came with it. The fake label has fallen off already :-) I've built a few thousand computers over the last 30 odd years. This just looks like more nuts and bolts. I'm pretty sure the fun part will come when I try and fit the belts and then when I start calibrating :-)

Planing on fitting the extruder upside down so I can feed filament in from the top. A filament holder that sits on top will be my first mod. Have to keep the overall footprint down so it will fit on the desk with the flashforge.
    Updates as and when.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-17-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Excellent news! Happy printing, and let us know how it goes.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast