Close

Question Help Prints Warping

Ok, so the pictures can simply explain whats going on. I have tried fixing this by changing filament temperiture up or down. I am using an M3D 3D printer, and normal PLA Filament bought from the M3D Site.

http://imgur.com/gu3scmM
    http://imgur.com/2dDdTAs
    http://imgur.com/AmLsWO0

Printer I'm using: https://printm3d.com/themicro/

Thanks
    -Zeki

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Hi Zeki, I have experienced this on some other printers.
    What can cause it are belts being too loose so that with enough friction between the nozzle and the print they will create these skippings.
    For lessening the friction you can
    - adjust the flow rate of the filament, so that the layers are printed at the exact specified thickness
    - calibrate the print bed height
    - use a Z-hop slicer setting so the nozzle avoids the print when traveling

Also tighten your belts.

In case it is related to your motors, check your motor driver voltage and see if you can find an XY-jerk setting in your printer's firmware, if you lower this then the printer won't lose track of its position if the motors have to make tiny movements such as in filling tiny areas in between your print's walls. For example your wall is set as 0.9mm which leaves 0.1mm infill space with 2 walls and a 0.4mm nozzle. This causes tiny zigzag movements and that can cause the offsets.

Thanks

Thanks-
    I fixed that problem but my printer keeps having other problems. I contacted M3D and am getting help from them.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    Hi Zeki, I have experienced this on some other printers.
    What can cause it are belts being too loose so that with enough friction between the nozzle and the print they will create these skippings.
    For lessening the friction you can
    - adjust the flow rate of the filament, so that the layers are printed at the exact specified thickness
    - calibrate the print bed height
    - use a Z-hop slicer setting so the nozzle avoids the print when traveling

Also tighten your belts.

In case it is related to your motors, check your motor driver voltage and see if you can find an XY-jerk setting in your printer's firmware, if you lower this then the printer won't lose track of its position if the motors have to make tiny movements such as in filling tiny areas in between your print's walls. For example your wall is set as 0.9mm which leaves 0.1mm infill space with 2 walls and a 0.4mm nozzle. This causes tiny zigzag movements and that can cause the offsets.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Hi Zeki, can you let us know how you solved the X-stepping?
    It still sometimes happens on my 3Drag machine, most likely related to nozzle bumps.

What I did was calibrated the printer, checked the filament using an X axis and Y asxis test to see if the extruder skips/hops. Then I used the high quality layering with lower infill and the warping problem stopped. I still however am having problems with the filament not coming out even though I cleaned the nozzle and the temperiture is correct. I contacted m3d support because I need to fix it fast, as I am selling the printer to a freind soon. If you know a solition to that problem that would be splendid.
    Thx
    -Zeki

Can you push the filament through manually? If not, there is a clog and you can do an atomic method.
    If the filament comes out but thinner and under an angle, there is a partial clog and you have to clean the nozzle as well.
    Sometimes pushing some inches of filament (best is cleaning filament) through clears it up as well.

I am able to pish it out and it comes out great. I dont know why it wont come out when printing.

It can be related to the position of your heating element or most likely the extruder gear is slipping so you need to adjust its tension on the filament. If you try a different brand filament and you get the same results that is most likely what is going on.
    If nothing else works, call tech support.