Close

Printing Problem

I have a new Creality CR-10 3D printer, and I have been having difficulty with the 3d prints. Here is a picture of the first layer for several parts being printed at one time. IMG_20170411_160434972 (1).jpgThe parts are printed with a brim using black PLA. Essentially what is happening is that the first layer appears to be thicker in some places than in others. I am a bit puzzled as to why this is happening since I was very careful about leveling, and since the darker regions aren't always in the same places. I am not sure why this is happening. Can anybody advise me as to what I am doing wrong. It is being printed on glass. I used a mixture of elmer's glue and water painted onto the surface and dried at 60 degrees C. I have been using Cura to slice with the following settings.

Layer Height 0.1 mm
    Initial Layer Height 0.1 mm

Wall Thickness 1 mm
    Top/Bottom Thickness 1 mm

Infill Density 100%

Printing Temperature 196°C
    Diameter 1.75 mm
    Flow 90%
    Enable Retraction

Print Speed 40 mm/s
    Infill Speed 40 mm/s
    Outer Wall Speed 25 mm/s
    Inner Wall Speed 25 mm/s
    Travel Speed 40 mm/s

Enable Cooling
    Minimum Layer Time 5 s

Brim Width 8 mm

Print Sequence All At Once
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by djf435; 04-11-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    could just be printing too cool.
    try printing at 210c

And pic too blurry to see any detail. Move the camera further away so it can focus.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Or your nozzle sits too close to the printbed causing pressure buildups inside so the flow rate is very uneven.
    For PLA my flowrate setting is 103-106%.