Close

Monoprice Maker V2 printing issue?

I've had my MM v2 for a couple days, had success with the gcodes on the flash drive but running into issues when printing items outside of that. For some reason one end of the print does not stay adhered to the plate. I'm novice with 3d printing but am an engineer and a quick learner. I've played with adjusting the settings in Cura to slow down the printing (solved issues of nothing sticking at the beginning) but now part way through one side pops up.

Is this a known issue with this printer and/or is this possible to fix by adjusting the temperature of the plate or another setting? Or is this possibly a starting base issue?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    your bed needs calibrating.
    It can be a fine line to get it perfectly even - but you need to :-)

An awful lot of problems can be traced back to a badly calibrated bed. your problem is definitely one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    your bed needs calibrating.
    It can be a fine line to get it perfectly even - but you need to :-)

An awful lot of problems can be traced back to a badly calibrated bed. your problem is definitely one of them.
    Meaning the bed isn't level across? I did the calibration and it works flawless on the standard prints it's just when the get better and tends to be only on 1 spot of the bed. Should I check that side?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep. is it larger prints that are not sticking ?
    Calibration can be a real bastard. I always heat both the bed and the nozzle - some tell you just to heat the bed.
    each to their own.
    I like to heat both and use 90gsm paper quite tight between the nozzle and bed.

All i can say is it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yep. is it larger prints that are not sticking ?
    Calibration can be a real bastard. I always heat both the bed and the nozzle - some tell you just to heat the bed.
    each to their own.
    I like to heat both and use 90gsm paper quite tight between the nozzle and bed.

All i can say is it works for me.
    Yup it is larger prints that 1 end pops off. No real ryhme or reason as far as I can tell as to which side decides to pop. I preheat nozel and bed (bed to 60 for PLA, should I be doing it warmer?)

I did a 14 hour print yesterday and while 1 side did pop up within the first hour it finished the print out just fine.

I have that same printer, what material are you using and what is your print bed temperature set at? I have had good results at 55 degrees for the print bed with PLA.