Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

New 3DPrint.com Series Highlights Women in 3D Printing

The accomplishments of women in the 3D printing industry are many, and theirs are the stories we’re looking to tell in a new 3D Printing Spotlight series, in which we shine a light on a more diverse range of voices in the industry. Women are makers, hobbyists, CEOs, founders, inventors, innovators, founders, partners, communicators, writers, tinkerers, YouTubers, artists — and have voices to be heard. At 3DPrint.com, we are proud to provide a platform in which we share the stories of the industry we all love and live by, and with this new series we will be using that unique stage to present the stories of more participants in the industry. Read more about the new spotlight series: https://3dprint.com/169583/3d-printi...ight-on-women/

Student
    Follow ellie_l On Twitter Add ellie_l on Thingiverse
    I've been following your site for about a year now, it's been my go-to for 3D printing news since I started printing. Although I had noticed the rather high number of women authors, it never clicked that all the full-time editors are women! That's awesome!! I knew there was something special about this site... :-)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    will we be seeing Naomi Wu in one of these features ?

Curious to know if women like her or hate her.
    Damn fine maker.
    And if you don't know who I'm talking about her thingiverse name is SexyCyborg ;-)
    https://www.thingiverse.com/SexyCyborg/about
    THAT Naomi Wu

Administrator
    Follow SarahA On Twitter
    We're all very excited about this upcoming series! (Sarah, Editor-in-Chief, here.)

So far we have a good cross-section of women from a variety of vantage points in the industry lined up to talk to, and are always looking for more. We're hoping this will be a long-term, ongoing series spotlighting some great contributors to the field!

Naomi Wu is fantastic -- and she's asked that we hold off on highlighting her for a bit, as she says she gets enough publicity and wants other women to have the chance to shine first. Her work is incredible, and she's an inspiration to many. We'll definitely be featuring her in this series... when she lets us

Yup! Right now I'm getting a bit more traffic than I really deserve and we've got some great up and coming 3D Printing ladies whom I think everyone should see. So I'm going to be doing what I can to retweet this series and introduce new women in the community to Sarah.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    3D Printing is where pop culture embraces industrial fabrication. Having women as forefront innovators is very refreshing for companies, universities and industries.
    I'll mention Jessica Rozenkrantz, Pauline van Dongen, Neri Oxman, Behnaz Farahi - would love to see some updates from their work!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Looking forward to the articles :-)

Administrator
    Follow SarahA On Twitter
    The interview will be getting its own thread soon, but because I'm very excited about this: we're live with the first interview in this series here.

Katie Weimer, Vice President of Medical Devices, Healthcare, 3D Systems, shares her thoughts, insights and advice.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Louise Driggers is another favorite designer for FDM models, her work is inspiring!

https://www.thingiverse.com/loubie/about

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    Louise Driggers is another favorite designer for FDM models, her work is inspiring!
    Louise is awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast