Close

makerbot replicator mini

Hi

I have a makerbot replicator mini when i make my object in solidworks and save it as a stl file and open it in the makerbot software its hard for me to get it the same size i made it in solidworks..
    Can someone please tell me or give me a link to fix this trouble i have.
    What am i doing wrong or is this a solid works forum question or does it not work this way?
    I thought if i save it in solidworks as a stl file and open in my makerbot software it sould open the same size?
    thank you
    Last edited by tom356; 03-29-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tom356 View Post
    Hi

I have a makerbot replicator mini when i make my object in solidworks and save it as a stl file and open it in the makerbot software its hard for me to get it the same size i made it in solidworks..
    Can someone please tell me or give me a link to fix this trouble i have.
    What am i doing wrong or is this a solid works forum question or does it not work this way?
    I thought if i save it in solidworks as a stl file and open in my makerbot software it sould open the same size?
    thank you
    STL files include the dimensions of your part, but not the units that they're made in. So if you're making a part that is lets say 4 inches long, when it imports into your makerbot software, it's likely seeing it as 4, but millimeters and not inches. The conversion between millimeters is 25.4mm for every inch, so you simply scale up the part 25.4 times (or 2540 percent) to bring it back to your desired size. Good luck.