Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse

Filament Suppliers NOT in California?

Anyone have some good filament suppliers that are not in California that are reliable and have a good variety of 3mm filament types (ABS, PETG, Flex, etc)?

I am looking for a replacement for MakerGeeks. They are having serious issues (growing pains I assume) and I can't rely on them to ship product anymore.

It takes forever to get anything from California to here or I would go with MatterHackers. They are a backup but I would like someone outside California do to shipping times.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    amazon has local distribution centres and many variaties of filament.

My main supplier is in england - definitely not california - but no real use to you :-)

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    amazon has local distribution centres and many variaties of filament.

My main supplier is in england - definitely not california - but no real use to you :-)
    Sorry, I should have specified anything but Amazon. I don't do business with Amazon as a matter of principal and the reasons are not relevant to this forum.

Ironically, ordering from England just might be faster than ordering from California. I order periodically from tuBears (BioFila) and FormFutura and both usually go through London to New York. And most of the time I get them faster than I get orders from California. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Sorry, I should have specified anything but Amazon. I don't do business with Amazon as a matter of principal and the reasons are not relevant to this forum.

Ironically, ordering from England just might be faster than ordering from California. I order periodically from tuBears (BioFila) and FormFutura and both usually go through London to New York. And most of the time I get them faster than I get orders from California. Go figure.
    Considering your location, check out Coex3D out of Appleton, WI. They ship in stock orders same or next day, and offer same day local pickup if you are in that area of the state. www.coex3d.com

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sr22ger View Post
    Considering your location, check out Coex3D out of Appleton, WI. They ship in stock orders same or next day, and offer same day local pickup if you are in that area of the state. www.coex3d.com
    I had already seen them pop up Very limited selection of 1.75 (which I don't use). They are all but worthless for 3mm. They carry exactly 3 colors of ABS. Black, natural and white. PETG they have a huge selection of one. Clear.

How's it going?

If you're looking for 2.85mm, my company has 12 different colors currently. Feel free to give me a call and/or check out our website. Company headquarters is in California, but our filament is manufactured in Massachusetts. We deal with a lot of schools and libraries in Florida. We ship same day via UPS. Both our PLA and ABS scored as the top rated filament on recent testing by 3D Matter in NY. We use a PHA additive in our PLA (PLAyPHAb) which greatly increases the impact strength and pliability. Our ABS (Enviro) is the only biodegradable ABS in the world.

PLAyPHAb normally runs $39.99 per spool and Enviro runs $49.99, however my company offers them both with $4.00 discounts for 3D Printboard members.

Let me know if I can help.

Dan
    3D Printlife @ BSC Supply
    1-800-227-5829 x3054
    danb@bsc-supply.com
    www.3dprintlife.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just out of curiosity - what have you got against ebay ?

B3D makes their filament in Florida but call it "handmade" I've never had the guts to try it.

Ebay is normally just reselling the Chinese stuff, that normally happens in California or sometimes in lower NY/upper NJ. I really don't have a problem with it because I don't have time sensitive projects, but I understand someone willing to pay more and be sensitive about quality when you get a project you NEED to complete ASAP, or need to print a decent number of successful parts in a row for a deadline.

Ha I saw the thread title and I figured it must be because of ebay.. the same pain.. why is it all the 3d printers they all ship from California? the thing I hate is I can't get a faster shipping speed.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze_Hawkins View Post
    http://i.refs.cc/ZSDqGVCG

follow this link. the company has a WIDE variety of filament types in 2.85mm (3mm) filaments, and you get 10% off your first order with that link!! woohoo!

That looked promising. The PETG was a little more expensive than MakerGeeks. Until I read the detail page. Its only a .75kg spool so that $34.95 spool comes out to $46.60 per KG. Compare that to $24.55 per KG from MakerGeeks.

Looks like MG is going through their website and changing over to a Shopify Plus framework. Maybe that will cure the issue I have with them as to not knowing what is and is not in stock. And hopefully they will actually ship product once they get a real cart system.