Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been around for 2 years. Only now am I finally starting to grasp everything though

I was introduced to Repraps and 3D printing almost two years ago while I was senior in college. Penn State actually offers a 3D printing/reprap class and I jumped at the opportunity. I've been following forums and news every since. Purchased a Robo3D printer 6 months ago and plan on using it to build a reprap I'm designing.

Technician
    Since im new. Whohoooo. First post.

I got into reading about 3d printers about 4 or 5 years back. Jumped back and forurth at that time as I din't have the time to build one. Looked at all kinds of printers and am in the process of building my own version of a rostock printer. Although some may ask, why a rostock which is outdated. Well I think I have solved the main issue with the rostock design which is the torsional stability of the printer. Some may ask why still a rostock as the kossel design has been proven to be more stable. And the answer is simple. I plan on building a heated printer. The rostock design lends itself better to modifications I plan on making. As of now my build is roughly 30% complete.

hi! iam new to 3d printing. which model of reprap would you recommend on a newbie like me.

Technician
    Prusa i3 printer seems to be the most well documented as well as the most widely used design. It also seems like the lowest cost and easiest to put together. I am doing a rostock derivative printer as my first, and the challenges are many it seems. Its why I chose it.

I am real new to 3d Printing, however been working in AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop, and Mastercam since DOS Days

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachout View Post
    I am real new to 3d Printing, however been working in AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop, and Mastercam since DOS Days
    So what kind of printer do you have? What kind of printer are you building/considering? I love to read build logs.

I bought and built a Makerfarm i3v. My 13 year old daughter and I put the kit together. Since putting it together I have come up with a couple of things I might want to change. Later when I have it doing jobs for me I do plan on building one with a 2'-0" x 2'-0" or 2'-0" x 3'-0" bed on it. Should be interesting. I am still learning right now but I can see how it could be built. I am going to have to learn quite a bit about the electronics, and I plan on running a dual power supply, one for the machine, and one just for the beds. I also plan on changing how the case is as I want to integrate my power supplies into the cars of the printer. Other than that I am really happy so far with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12