Close

Thread: Marlin version

Engineer-in-Training

Marlin version

So, were can I look to see what version of Marlin firmware I am running? I know I am running a bug fix but I don't recall which one. I want to load the most current.

Where can I find the latest bug fix?

Also, ia text comparison editor the best method for migrating my settings over? Is there an easier way? I do this so infrequently that it seems like a daunting process.

Roxy, can u please give me the link to the latest stable version of marlin for the prusa I3?

Ah... I'm not sure how to answer. There are so many i3's. And Prusa has his own fork of Marlin for his current i3's.

But if you want to bring up a generic i3, you want to do it using https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RCBugFix Be sure to turn on the UBL bed leveling. It is the Cat's Meow of Bed Leveling! Also, turn on the Z-BabyStepping and DoubleClick_for_Z_Babystepping (in Configuration_adv.h). You will really like that set up!

(And you don't need a Z-Probe for the UBL Bed Leveling. It can be setup with just a Z End Stop. But it will take you an extra iteration of G26's and G29 P4's to get the mesh perfect without a Z-Probe.)

Hi Roxy, Thanks for the quick reply.
    I apologize for being so vague in my question. I took a few months hiatus from 3d printing and apparently a lot has changed!
    Im looking for the latest stable version of Marlin for the MakerFarm Prusa 12 inch.

Secondly, UBL bed leveling and z-babystepping ..what???...How much did I actually miss?
    Where can I find some info on these features? Im still using a Servo and switch for my Z probe.

Thanks for your time and help on this!!!!