Close

Another toolhead offset thread

I have a powerspec 3d pro printer that was printing dual extrusions models fine until I upgraded to sailfish 7.7 r01591 (Creator X firmware). My printer is not accounting for the offset on the left tool head and doesn't move it to "the right" to correct the positioning. I've poured through the manual many times as I know this is a common issue but I don't seem to have any luck

I've tried the following:

1) resetting motherboard using repG and makerbot
    2) resetting EEPROM via LCD
    3) Use repG to read the onboard preferences. The toolhead offset said 0 when i first upgraded but i noticed it now read 34mm. Tried setting to 0mm but no change. set it back to 34mm, no change
    4) use makerbot to read the onboard preferences. The toolhead offset is 3200 steps (34mm). Tried setting to 0mm but no change. set it back to 3200, no change
    5) Checked that the S3D T1 offset was set to 34mm, tried setting to zero, no change. Set back to 34mm, no change
    6) set the offset via LCD, no change

You can see in the image below what happens when i try to print a dual extrusion traffic cone. T0 starts correctly, T1 started without the proper offset, T0 resumed using relative ordinates to the wrong T1 position, then it repeated itself when it switched to T0, continuously moving further left with each T0 to T1 tool change.

Print issue Example: https://ibb.co/gMMD0a
    repG settings: https://ibb.co/cgybLa

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading.

EDIT: I should add I did brick the printer while upgrading via repG when my reset button attempt failed. I had to use a programmer to restore boot and install C20 before programming sailfish over USB.
    Last edited by blairmi2; 02-20-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    have you tried taking the firmware back to the original ?
    I mean at the end of the day you don't lose anything useful and you might get dual prints working again.

I haven't only because I can't seem to find a download of the original firmware anywhere...my understanding is it was an early release of sailfish 7.7 with the LCD screen modified to say "1.2 Power Spec"