Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PowerSpec Ultra leaning prints on X axis

New guy here looking for some help. My PowerSpec Ultra prints have started leaning to the left. Its a steady slow lean. I have tightened the belt (from tight to very tight) and that has not helped. The pulleys are the type without set screws so that shouldn't be an issue. I use a dial indicator to level the bed and have it dead nuts level. I have done a factory reset incase some internal settings have gotten messed up. I have tried powerprint, flashprint and also bought S3D. Same thing with all of them. Its not making any weird noises or doing anything that seems abnormal. Correct me if I am wrong but the only things left to try would be to replace the cable to that stepper motor and if that does not help replace the stepper motor itself. Anybody have any ideas or am I on the right track? I am pretty new to 3D printing and this is my first printer. Been getting some beautiful prints from it until this issue popped up.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Pics help. It could be a partially broken stepper cable. Is there a clear step where the printing moves to the left? It is good to reroute your X cables to something like this.

xwiring.jpg

This is on a Creator Pro, the purpose is to reduce the amount of flex. The wires are unattached at the top in a few places, then just taped to the side panel.

I will have to replace the cable and give that a shot. Here is a picture to show what it is doing. A very slow lean to the left. I used the paper so you could see the lean.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Hmm, that isn't a cable issue, might be cooling related.

Well I think I figured out the issue. Where it says update machine configuration was checked. I reset the printer to factory defaults and unchecked that box and the current print is almost done and it is spot on. Apparently S3D changes something slightly in the machines firmware if that is checked the first time you print something that was sliced and generated by S3D. Then after that the change sticks so using different software doesnt help. I was really beating my head against the wall on this one but glad I got that figured out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Scratch that problem still exists. The item was fairly small so it didn't appear to be skewed but alas same issue. At a complete loss. Might end up buying as new one and putting mine back in the new box and return it............

Last night for the heck of it I changed the carriage to one I printed as few weeks ago in PetG. Now the carriage slides back and forth very smooth. Before it would slide but it was not as smooth. Let a print go last night and it printed just fine. So for now it seems to be printing good again but I don't know why the carriage would have made any difference unless the old one not sliding super smooth is what made the difference? Maybe it was missing a step due to slight resistance?

Back to being skewed. I'm done with this printer. Buying another and returning this one. It has to be the main board breaking down or something. It has acted strange a few times lately. Heating everything up to start a print and never actually printing. Freezing up when cancelling a print.
    Last edited by prostreetcamaro; 02-21-2017 at 03:20 PM.

For future reference the issue ended up being the x stop cable. Replaced it with the spare it came with and prints are now nearly flawless.

Engineer
    The end of this thread made me lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast