Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum in quite some time, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.

I'm currently looking to mass produce plastic and rubber parts. I've been in contact with several facilities overseas who are all requesting that I send them my models as either STP/STEP or IGS files. Currently, the only versions I have are OBJ and STL.

I have two questions:

1) As you can probably guess: Is there software that can help with such a conversion? As of right now, I've tried Fusion360 and FreeCAD. Neither seem to work. Could that have something to do with a high polygon model? I'm actually relatively new to 3D modeling and printing (I know more about printing than modeling), so I'm not sure.

2) What exactly are STP/STEP and IGS models that seem to make them ideal for manufacturers? This is more just for my own knowledge and edification.

If anyone can offer ANY sort of help or advice, I'd be very grateful.

Very nice to meet all of you!

-matt

PS - I attached some images of some examples of the models I'm working with, and put them in a folder, here: https://app.box.com/s/5xcxjrbimkdko0q0dee7eof2bghaygcj

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.07.59 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.07.35 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.07.09 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.06.20 PM.jpg