Close

Fan will not turn on with Simplfy3d

Part cooling fan connected to D9.

Fan turns on with M106/7 using proterface.

I get nothing using S3D.

Ideas?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    How are you trying in Simplify3D? Using the slider control, sending an M106 command via communication send, or both?

What machine profile are you using in S3D? I don't remember having any issues with the profile for RepRap (Marlin/Repetier/Sprinter)

On the main S3D window, bring up Firmware Configuration under the Tools pulldown menu. What is shown on the FFF tab for fan speed control? My S3D shows M106 S$ for set fan power and M106 S0 for turn fan off. EDIT: Maybe I just don't remember setting that up. It was a long time ago.

Windows, bleh. I rebooted everything and boom all is good. Now I realize that I do not like my dual cooling fan setup. I lose room on the X due to its size and hitting the Z motors and I have zero access to the nozzle.

Looking for a different design now.

Thanks for the reply though.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    So many of the cooling ducts for axial fans leave you with little or no airflow, since those fans aren't intended for applications that create backpressure. The air just leaks back out around the blade edges. The "nirvana" approach I've wanted to try is to mount the radial blower fan somewhere on the printer frame and then run flexible, thin-wall silicone or latex tubing from the blower to a custom duct that mounts to the rear bottom side of the x-carriage. Started to look for some tubing once but didn't through with it.
    Last edited by printbus; 02-10-2017 at 10:56 AM. Reason: clarity

That is a great idea, I ordered a radial fan today.

I was thinking of putting a BL touch on the X carriage since the fans are taking up all the room. Maybe one radial on the extruder or frame then BL touch in a normal position.