Close

USB connection between PC and 3D Printer

Hello my friends,
    My name is Wolf.. it's not a joke....!
    And I'm from Belgium.
    My hobby are RC drones, and I needed next to a cnc mill a 3D printer.
    I have now a ANET A8.
    It's printing nice and good.

But I have one problem.

I can't get the Printer connected with USB.

I'm working with windows7.

In Device Manager I see under Ports: (COM & LPT):

USB-Serial CH340 (COM9) with driver WCH.CN

About the 3D Printer Controller! Not much Info..
    Only I can tell this, the processor is:

ATMEGA 1284P
    AU 1637

Here are some details in Online Video Marketing from Advids.

Student
    The Cocoon Create 3D Printer can be connected directly to your PC via USB, use the included USB Cable.
    When printing via USB, your PC must remain powered on and in a stable state throughout the duration of the print, if the PC powers off or crashes, it will prevent your print from completing. Follow these steps below:

1 - Ensure your 3D Printer is turned on by switching on the power switch located at the back of the Control Box.

2 - Ensure you have installed CURA onto your PC. The Micro SD Card includes the CURA Software for installation. Refer to the instructions in the Cocoon Create 3D Printer Manual pg 31, 6.1 for instructions on installing CURA Software.
    3 - Plug the Mini USB end of the included Cable to the Mini USB Port located on the side of the Control Box. Connect the other end of the USB Cable to one of your PC’s USB Port.4 - In Windows, select Control Panel > Device Manager.

5 - Select the drop down under PORT (COM & LPT); a new ‘USB Serial Port (COM)’ should be listed.

6 - Open CURA on your PC. In CURA, under File > Machine Settings, under ‘Communication Settings’, change the Serial Port to the USB Serial Port on your PC; eg: COM3, COM4 (Default settings will have Serial Port as AUTO)

7 - The Baudrate below can be set as default ‘AUTO’.
    The Baudrate can be changed in the dropdown. If ‘AUTO’ setting does not work for your PC, select 115200 and try printing via PC with this setting.8 - Select ‘OK’ to change the settings. CURA will now display a ‘Print with USB’ icon instead of ‘Save to Micro SD’ at the top left corner of the display screen.

9 - Refer to the instructions in the Cocoon Create 3D Printer Manual on how to use the CURA software to setup your prints. When your file is ready to print on the 3D Printer, simply click on the icon ‘Print with USB’. Select ‘Connect’ and your file will commence uploading to the 3D Printer. Simultaneously, the 3D Printer will preheat the Extruder Nozzle and Print Bed according to your file settings .