Close

Hybrid View

Banned
    Add jtice on Thingiverse

Question Print Cooler for Prusa i3V ?

I have a Prusa 10" i3V, with a clough42 Z Probe for auto leveling, and clough42 extruder cooling shroud.

I am looking for a good solution for a print cooler.
    Below is a photo of my current setup. It is what has worked best for me so far, has made a big improvement on my PLA prints.
    BUT,,,, its also cooling the extruder tip too much, and I can not run the print cooler fan when I print with ABS.
    I will set the nozzle to 242 degrees and if the fan is on, it can not maintain that at all, it will be more like 215 degrees

What is everyone else running? Any tips or suggestions would be great, thanks.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Yeah, radial blowers can move a lot of air focused in a small area. I can have the same issue with the blower I've been using if I've got the fan speed set too high. To me, all this means is that I have as effective of a print cooler as I can handle, and I adjust the fan speed to provide just the cooling I need that doesn't affect the hot end. About the only time I run at 100% is after the print is done and I want to cool things down fast.

By the color of your aluminum block, are you already wrapping the block in kapton tape? I've been taping my block with two layers of tape as a way to insulate it. I even tried a thin strip around the tip, but couldn't get it to stay there.

Newer hexagons and e3d hot ends come with a silicone boot to use as an insulator. That'd probably be the most effective way to isolate your hot end from whatever print cooler scheme is being used.
    Last edited by printbus; 02-09-2017 at 07:02 AM. Reason: grammar

Banned
    Add jtice on Thingiverse
    Yea I need to play around with the fan 100% on my ABS prints.
    I ordered some 1mm thick ceramic blanket material, plan to wrap the head in that, should help some.