Close

Help with Simplify 3D

I have Simplify 3D that I purchased about 6 months ago to use with my Wanaho i3. I just recently got the CTC Dual and am having a hard time getting good prints when using Simplify 3D. I have tried using the default settings for this printer and tweaking them some but no matter what I do the prints come out with several issues. The first is what looks like ringing, second looks like temporary under extrusion and lastly the top walls aren't filling in completely. I have tried going both ways on the extrusion multiplier and it doesn't help. I also added extra top walls, which didn't help either. I can slice the same stl with Makerbot Desktop and I don't have the same issues. The prints from it look good so I know it's not a hardware issue. Does anyone have any pointers on what to do or a fff file that could point me in the right direction? I can post some pictures if it will help. Thanks a lot.

Engineer
    I can send you a factory file with my settings that I have used on CTC before. Shoot me a message on here maybe it can fix your problems

As an update to everyone on this, I have been able to increase the print quality some with the help of others (thank you for the help) but I am not getting the same quality and speed consistently. Makerbot Desktop is outperforming Simplify3D on my printer. I still have no good explanation for it but it is what it is.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    weird.
    What printer profile are you actually using ?