Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    They were cheap enough so I already got a pi and got the 64gb microsd to work on it and got raspbian installed pretty easy but I am struggling with getting retropi up and going on it. And I want to install a full version of minecraft on it with windows iot but I have to get past the retropi first. Once I have learned a little more with the pi then I will move forward with repetier server on pi. In repetier server when you are setting up your printer(s) there is an option to set to turn power to printer on/off. At this point that is a dark path to me but I like the sound of it and want to move in that direction. I know the pi has a bunch of gpios so in theory I should be able to achieve this vision with a pi and repetier server. I have some experience with Arduino boards and fusion brain. Feeble knowledge really. I am an auto mechanic I am very good at working with my hands. And all things hardware related come naturally to me. But the software and programming slows me down. I am almost done swapping parts on both printers

Technician
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Unfortunately I have hit a few speed bumps on my way here. First I noticed that I needed slightly longer 8mm linear rods for the x axis on the black printer and I need a jst connector to connect the fan I added to the gt2560 board on the clear printer. So I am in a holding pattern waiting on ebay. Also I lost my .stl file I had made for my little volt gauges and I still have to design and print a black filament holder for the black printer. But aside from that, They are looking much better as I take away all the different colors..

And here is my pi 3 with a wall mount I designed and printed..

For the time while I learn the ins and outs of the pi I have it attached to a 32" tv so it is easy on the old eyes..

As far as I know, you need an ATX power supply if you want to be able to turn printer on or off. Here's an Instructable about it: http://www.instructables.com/id/Usin...ATX-power-sup/. I've been planning on implementing this on my FrankenCube, but as it's been working very well with raspberry + Octorint, never got around to it... just need to manually turn the ATX main switch off.

Technician
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by spegelius View Post
    As far as I know, you need an ATX power supply if you want to be able to turn printer on or off. Here's an Instructable about it: http://www.instructables.com/id/Usin...ATX-power-sup/. I've been planning on implementing this on my FrankenCube, but as it's been working very well with raspberry + Octorint, never got around to it... just need to manually turn the ATX main switch off.

Thank you. This is a brilliant way to power a printer and a pi together. I need to make some more changes to my printers.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 02-14-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12