Close

New generic stepper motor issue?

Hi im new to this forum and i have a question, I bought some high torque stepper motors to upgrade my custom 3d printer and I can't seem to figure out what wires go where on my ramps board 2B 2A, 1A, 1B. The motors are 17hd60001-22b by busheng. They didn't come with a scymatic and any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the specs... Thank you in advance.

Specs:
    1m wire, one connect electrical machine, on the other end has variety optional ports; heat shrink tubing effect to prevent the wire tangled up
    D-shaped axle with 22mm, electrical machine with high-torque, high-speed, low noise
    Suitable for 17HD60001-22B mixing type stepping motor
    Outside view: Shown as the pictures
    Drive mode: Chopping wave constant current drive
    Exciting mode: Two-phase 4-wire. It is available for rotation of forward and reverse
    Swerve: The order of power is AB-BC-CD-DA, from shaft end to see C.W
    Rated current (one-phase): 1.5A DC
    Rated voltage: 2.4V
    Stepping angle: 1.8
    Insulation grade: B grade
    Specifics:
    Operating Conditions: Environment Temperature: -20~50 ; RH: 90%MAX; Mounting Position: Axis horizontal or vertical installation
    Direct-current winding resistance (25 ): 1.6 10%
    Wnding inductance: 3.6mH 20%
    Cogging torque: 40mN.m REF
    Holding torque: 600mN.m I=1.5A
    Max. no-load starting frequency: 1200pps
    Max. no-load running Frequenc: 8000pps
    Last edited by Kevin37; 01-30-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    The four wires will connect to two windings in the motor. You'll have to figure out which wire pairs are connected to the same winding. Without any info from the manufacturer, this is something you could do with a multimeter measuring resistance. After that, one winding pair goes to 1A & 1B, and the other winding pair goes to 2A & 2B. Don't fret over which winding is 1 vs 2, or which wires go to A vs B. Just hook it up. If the motor moves in the opposite direction from what you want, swap the A & B connections for either pair.

Thank you, now if the motors don't move and are producing a high pitched sound and not moving what could cause this, low voltage? I've set the voltage to 1.45v on the drivers, should I set it a little higher?

If for some reason there are 3 of the same post and I'm just not seeing them I am sorry, my phone is retarded and made me post it three times and then the post disappeared!

Before trying to adjust the current limit setting, make sure you're not trying to step the motors too fast. That can also lead to a high pitch whine.

As to the 1.45v setting, you'd have to figure out what a 1.45v setting on your stepper driver boards means as far as a motor current. 1.45v seems high for 1.5amp motors and the A4988 stepper driver boards I'm familiar with. No harm in some brief testing with both higher and lower settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin37 View Post
    If for some reason there are 3 of the same post and I'm just not seeing them I am sorry, my phone is retarded and made me post it three times and then the post disappeared!
    Part of the problem is 3dprintboard. I got an email notification on a new post from you minutes before it showed up in the browser.