Close

Question SOLVED!Begin, needs advice on Z-axis moving. if move 1.0 shouldnt it move 1mm on axis

been struggling with hictop prusa i3 copy from china.
    Z-axis is giving me a headache.

Example first.
    If i move X or Y axis from repetier 1.0 the move 1.0mm but if i move Z 1.0 it moves 6.3mm

On my config the microstep settings are

Am I so lost or dont undertand something about the movements? shouldnt all axes move in millimeters?
    if I set 10 from repetier then it moves 10mm on axis?

What might be wrong or am I wrong about moving?
    I have MPX3 board on my hictop. They use a4982slpt(just in front of motor connector) so I guess they are 1/16th step. allthought im not certain.

Please help and tell me what am I doing wrong or have I understood something wrong.
    Last edited by Warmaster; 01-22-2017 at 08:11 AM.

I figured that I have lead screws. 8mm diameter, 2mm screw pitch.
    calculated 1600 steps and then found out that since i have to divide that by 4 so it comes to 400
    New firmware in and tested.
    STILL moves 63mm if i put move 10 on repetier
    what the hell?

Yeah great, i am a moron..
    I had EEPROM enable so it overwrote the firmware settings.
    so disable EEPROM if you want to use firmware settings!

I had 400 on Z-steps but LCD showed 2560 and then I realised that EEPROM overwrites it(Idiot did not see it earlier/didnt remember)

Now it moves 1=1mm

Anyways if you have 8mm leadscrews and brass nuts, and Hictop prusa i3 3dp11/12 your step settings are most likely 400
    Even it says 2mm thread pitch and calculator says 1600 but you have four-start thread screw so you divide it by 4 and get 400

If you have autolevel SN04-N sensor, your board dont give it enough voltage (5v but min is 6v) and its inaccurate. I am building an resistor kit to lower the sensor wire voltage from 24v to near 5v or below so it wont fry the board. Ask if need help, I make another topic for this when Im ready with it.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Congratulations