Close

qidi printer madness, what happened? left head behaves different than the right

All was going well with my qidi tech I, just the other day I aligned the two extruders, and ran the attached script to determine what values in the fw to set for getting the two heads in alignment (following sailfish manual). I don't remember if I printed from the left head since then or not. I tried resetting the printer to defaults using the green with no success.

now I can't print at all from the left head without crazy things happening (s3dn cancel print head tries to go left forever, or RelicatorG print just cancels itself before it starts)

here is a video of the issue: https://youtu.be/2LMjBBUoRSk

in simplify3d:
    reset completely, stock qidi tech I profile, adjusted extruder temp and bed temp
    right side print of 10mm box - as expected, sweep across the front, goes to printing
    left side print of same profile with only change being left extruder selection - head stays to right of bed, sweep doesn't move the head, extrudes into the air, bed doesn't go to the correct height, starts printing, when I cancel the bed goes down, head goes to the left and tried to keep going past the end of the bed & the stepper starts skipping

In ReplicatorG:
    right side: lowers bed and moves head at a reasonable rate, warms up and starts printing
    left side: bed goes down really slow, heats up, then bed goes up and the printer stops.

I attached the code versions of the files from S3D, printer uses the x3g, but I couldn't upload those. simple 10mm cube.

any help is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pascal; 01-21-2017 at 02:17 PM.

added a video, really odd issue: here is a video of the issue: https://youtu.be/2LMjBBUoRSk

Technologist
    Try swapping all the wiring over between left and right extruders (On the board, I think you would struggle at the extruder!)

See if the fault remains, or if it changes or moves. My thought is that you have a bad heater or extruder and it is causing a fault on the board. Daft I know, but I have chased similar faults to find it was something similar.

Other than that, my guess would be a firmware issue on the printer itself.

thanks. I just did an eprom erase and that fixed it. Thinking I screwed things up running the dual extruder alignment script. Now to figure out how to align the two extruders in FW (off just a hair)

confirmed that following the dual nozzle calibration in the sailfish instructions is causing the problem. I'll comp out the slight offset for dual printing in S3D