Close

Test cube help - walls slightly tall

Looking for a little help. My qidi tech I is doing good, after some learning I thought I would dial in the calibration a bit. Printed a 20x20x10mm tall cube with 3mm layers single wall. Increased extrusion multiplier to .95 in s3d which closed up some gaps on the bottom layer.

The walls are slightly taller than the body center. Same the the edges on the side, they slightly protrude. The top is flat, just the walls protruding.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    3mm is huge. What size nozzle are you using?

Too funny, I meant 0.3 layers with a .4 nozzle.

Thanks for the help!

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    What infill percentage?

If your pathing is too close, but you have less than 100% infill density, you could be seeing more buildup on the solid perimeters than the lower density infill (since the infill material has room to expand horizontally).

Do the infill paths seem wider than the perimeter paths?

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    What infill percentage?

If your pathing is too close, but you have less than 100% infill density, you could be seeing more buildup on the solid perimeters than the lower density infill (since the infill material has room to expand horizontally).

Do the infill paths seem wider than the perimeter paths?
    I haven't thought about that, makes sense! I had increased the overlap to the perimeter a while back before adjusting the extrusion properly so that makes sense, kicking of a test cube!

thanks!

Improved the print quality a bit, though the infill is still slightly lower than the perimeter. The lower layer is touching but not overdoing it, I'll do another print tomorrow at 100 % infill and stop it part way through to see if the infill is going into the perimeter. The overall height is reall good, reading 10.03, just trying to get the infill level, granted it's not off that much. With a large cube I might be able to measure just the inside with my calipers

Super Moderator
    If your doing a test cube then anything less than 100% infill is a waste of time. Go over to the Flashforge area here and get the Sailfish manual. then find the section on calibration. It will walk you through everything you need to know on test cubes etc. Actually read the whole thing! It will really help you get set up. you don't need to fiddle with every setting but just start with the basics. Also DO NOT flash the firmware on the QIDI! You have the latest for it.